Systems Engineer Chicago/en-US/External_Careers_Site/job/Chicago/Systems-Engineer_11928/apply
Guggenheim Partners is seeking a highly motivated Sr. Windows Systems Engineer to join the System Services Team. As a team member, the candidate will be challenged to use his/her excellent Engineering and troubleshooting skills on a variety of technical issues. The role will be responsible for Designing and maintaining over 1,500 Windows servers distributed across the globe. Additionally Engineering and architecture project related will be required where the candidate will need to work with other teams to design and implement designs with other departments. They will be required to use communication skills to interact with geographically distributed teams of varying knowledge levels, while collaborating on incidents and projects.
This position is located in Chicago.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Split time approximately 60:40 between project based work and engineering based work; split may change depending on workload
- Work on projects that include designing and re-engineering patch deployment and software packaging for Windows Server 2012/16/19
- Hands-on expertise deploying cloud native applications and migrating applications to public cloud, preferably Microsoft Azure.
- Code-based deployment of Azure resources. Terraform experience preferred but ARM template combined with code-based execution acceptable.
- Creation of Powershell functions/commandlets/modules
- Administer and troubleshoot OS-level issues in a VM environment, as well as hardware problems on physical servers (Dell, Cisco)
- Detail documentation of any changes to the environment, as well as develop new documentation for existing systems
- Adhere to existing data center/colocation installation best practices, while providing input on site-specific best practices as necessary
- Communicate proposed changes and improvements to ensure optimal performance and reliability
- Work weekends or evening hours within set maintenance schedules, including on-call rotation
- Travel occasionally to colocation facilities and remote office locations as needed
- Work on other ad hoc duties as assigned
Skills & Experience Required:
- 7+ years of hands-on experience supporting Windows Server 2019/2016/2012
- Demonstrate knowledge and detail accomplishments with Infrastructure-As-Code platform development leveraging tools such as Terraform, TFS/Git, Proget/Nexus, Powershell DSC, Puppet, or Ansible
- Strong PowerShell scripting including some or all of the following: Cmdlets, Functions, Modules, Error Handling, Standardized Input/Output, Systems Integration, Logging
- Cloud code-based deployment experience. Azure preferred
- Experience in security and monitoring in Azure cloud
- Infrastructure Provisioning Model demonstrate understanding of pillars of modern provisioning process
- Configuration Management (Puppet/Ansible/Chef),
- Orchestration/Scheduler/ Platform Integration (Azure DevOps/ServiceNOW/Jenkins)
- Monitoring (Cloud focused)
- Asset Management/CMDB (ServiceNow)
- CI/CD Pipeline (octopus/azure devops)
- Server/Solution Engineer On-premise, Hybrid-Cloud, and Cloud technologies. Working directly with Enterprise Architects to validate designs, research requirements, and conduct Proof of Concept and Support Tool Selection Process.
- Enterprise experience with DNS, DHCP and HTTP protocols
- Hands On experience with Windows Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft DNS and Virtualization
- Ability to work independently and without the need for supervision, as well as collaboratively within the team and across various IT groups and business units
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills, including an ability to interact with users of varying technical skill levels
- Enterprise experience with Ticket management and ITIL framework
- Troubleshooting skills with a scientific approach to problem investigation and resolution
In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience with
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in Financial sector preferred
- Knowledge of service mesh technologies such as Istio, Consul, Nginx to integrate micro services and deployment in Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
- Knowledge and understanding of continuous integration, automated testing, configuration management, release management, deployment, cloud hosting and systems monitoring
- Experience with CI/CD practices and tools
- Experience using ServiceNow and JIRA
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Suite (SCOM/SCCM/SCORCH)
- Hands On experience supporting Windows clustering (e.g, SQL, IIS, Exchange, etc.)
- ServiceNow Workflow/Orchestration experience
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
Posted 5 Days AgoFull time11928
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with more than $265 billion in assets under management*. Across our three primary businesses of investment management, investment banking, and insurance services, we have a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions. With more than 2,400 professionals based in over 25 offices in six countries, our commitment is to advance the strategic interests of our clients and to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity. We invite you to learn more about our expertise and values by visiting and following us on Twitter at .
*Assets under management are as of 03.31.2019 and include consulting services for clients whose assets are valued at approximately $60 billion. Account Registration
Upon application, you will be instructed to create an account. Within this account you can view your candidate status and previously applied jobs as well as apply to new jobs. If you experience difficulties logging into your account please check the below:
- Do you have an existing account with the same email ID? In this case, please select forgot password.
- Clear your computers cache\cookies.
If none of the above are successful, please email for Technical Assistance only.
Please note: We are unable to respond to any non-technical inquiries sent to this email.