Systems Engineer III- Enterprise Technology Production Assurance
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. Weâ€™re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Systems Engineer III ETPA supports, with supervision, primarily in the areas of electronic trading and clearing applications in the customer facing environments. The incumbent must have knowledge of application deployment/configuration and be comfortable with Linux/Windows platform, as well as demonstrate experience with Java to configure and troubleshoot applications. Strong communication skills are required candidate typically works with customers for support and new initiatives.
- Hands on Linux/Unix system experience either as a systems administrator or software developer.
- Strong hands on shell scripting skills in either Bash, Bourne or Korn shell.
- Strong skills in at least one scripting languages such as Ruby, Python or Perl.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and associated tools such as Bamboo, JIRA and Git.
- Experience with application support, web technologies, APIs and microservices.
- Have a passion for problem solving and automation and a willingness to continue growing your skills in this area.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter. If you have a question, be pro-active in finding the answer and communicate your learnings with teammates
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins and Ansible.
- Experience with cloud and container technology such as Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure management technology such as Chef or Puppet.
- Experience with 3rd party middleware such as Kafka, IBM MQSeries, Consul and Vault.
- Experience with Java, Java frameworks and technologies such as Tomcat and Spring
- Analyzes requirements with supervision and supports existing development/QA platforms. Implements necessary hardware and software for project execution. Defines the environment scope for business requirements and maintains and improves the stability, reliability and availability of environments.
- Defines problems and describes the cause and effect relationship, then gathers and compares data about the problems with supervision and documents the details. Prepares analysis report and reviews with supervision.
- Demonstrates intermediate knowledge of systems (Linux/Windows), distributed computing architecture (client server, intranet/internet), H/W platforms and resources - CPU, memory, virtualization, clustering. Configures systems and modifies settings to ensure proper functioning and provides routine maintenance of systems.
- Participates in discussions with experienced team members to generate ideas for problem solving. Accurately defines the circumstances surrounding the decision point with supervision.
- Troubleshoots most of the known issues, determines the root cause and works with seniors on solutions and implementation. Verifies implementation and makes adjustments as necessary, providing input into resolutions and documenting solutions.