It's an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and plan tax projects and client engagement.
- Provide timely and high-quality services and work. Lead the engagement team in delivering tax products and services.
- Direct all phases of planning and administration for engagements.
- Research, write and review complex tax planning strategies and services.
- Oversee billing and collections of clients.
- Monitor and adhere to engagement time budget.
- Manage client relationship.
- Maintain active communication to manage expectations and ensure client satisfaction.
- Respect the confidential and independent nature of the client relationships.
- Address and resolve client issues.
- Manage staff.
- Manage and lead the staff through counsel, guidance and coaching. Impart knowledge, facilitate staff development and provide training and learning experiences.
- Effectively delegate and oversee the work efforts by setting goals, providing resources and removing obstacles.
- Evaluate performance and work efforts; provide input to team leader and participate in performance appraisals process. Assist in managing and improving underperformance.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
- Actively facilitate effective team building.
- Pursue new business development.
- Identify additional areas of service to offer current clients. Convert opportunities for additional service and new business into engagements for the firm.
- Maintain primary and active relationships with key business contacts, key clients and referral sources.
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise.
- Comply with continuing education requirements; participate in professional organizations, independent study, etc.
- Integrate new knowledge and skills into daily work and share with colleagues as appropriate.
- Acknowledged and sought out by others due to extensive, in-depth knowledge and expertise in field.
- Maintain current knowledge of local, state, federal and international tax practices and laws; evaluate and advise on the impact of new related strategies, programs, and/or regulatory actions.
- Participate in special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required. Master’s degree, Juris Doctor or other applicable advanced degree preferred.
- CPA with experience in tax planning with Partnerships, S-Corporations, C-Corporations, other flow through entities and high net-worth clients.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in professional tax accounting functions including a minimum of two (2) years of supervisory responsibilities required.
- Demonstrated management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed tax preparation software and Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel) required.
- Ability to lead and supervise others, provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning in order to stay current regarding applicable strategies, see the "big picture" as well as the details, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment, and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of projects.