Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Transaction Tax (M&A Tax) Manager Job Locations US-IL-Chicago - Downtown Posted Date 2 days ago(3/5/2020 8:47 AM) Job ID 2020-6595 Category Transaction Services
- Lead, supervise, recruit and train team members providing transaction services to clients
- Advise clients on enhancing tax opportunities and managing risk associated with mergers and acquisitions
- Analyze tax risks of target companies using tax returns, accounting information and interviews with management
- Evaluate tax information
- Write and/or review detailed reports correlating tax due diligence and tax structuring findings with client valuations
- Identify issues affecting purchase price, deal structure or deal termination
- Recommend post-acquisition actions to achieve tax efficiency and minimize tax risks
- Work closely with client executives, attorneys, investment bankers, private equity investors or other stakeholders
- Manage and strengthen relationships with current and prospective clients of the firm
- Actively pursue new clients for the Transaction Services Team
- Strong current knowledge in U.S. federal income tax, mergers and acquisitions, and transaction services
- Current knowledge in state and local tax a plus
- Recent experience with corporate and pass-through tax concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- In depth analytical / problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and manage team members
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability for occasional travel when necessary
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college/university
- JD or master’s degree in taxation preferred
- CPA license or admission to state bar required
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in corporate or partnership tax or transaction tax (M&A tax), including at least two (2) years of tax due diligence, from a large public accounting or consulting firm
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
At BKD, our mission is to provide rewarding career opportunities and invest in the success of our people. Through award-winning learning and development, coaching and career advocacy programs, you will have the tools to make every play count and reach your professional goals. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to influence innovation and build long-lasting relationships. As a BKDer, you will be able to learn, lead, serve and be recognized for your contributions.
As a part of our People First culture, we invest in the well-being of our Trusted Advisors so they can provide Unmatched Client Service®. Click here to learn how we invest in our people: .
Make your next play at BKD.
BKD, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,900 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at .
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Interested in BKD but not quite ready to apply? Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? Submit your résumé and indicate your interests by joining our talent community! This is a great way to stay informed about openings that may be of interest to you.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Click for more information regarding BKDs Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, Reasonable Accommodations for Disabilities, and E-Verify.
Software Powered by iCIMS