44535 ApplyButton Widget Job Field Widget
Our continued rapid growth has created an exciting career opportunity in our National Real Estate Group located in downtown Chicago. We are seeking a Tax Senior Manager with high net worth individual tax expertise who will focus on working with individuals and families with significant real estate investments. Our clients include some of the most influential and active players in the Chicago and national real estate markets. Subsequently, our people are consistently challenged and rewarded as they work closely with our clients on their key tax issues with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client's business objectives. Our clients rely upon our expertise and experience in keeping compliant with all federal and state tax rules and regulations. More importantly, we are a trusted advisor to our clients.
As a Tax Senior Manager, you will help lead and manage our growth, identify and seize new business opportunities, supervise staff and work closely with our partners. Candidates should have the desire to continue to develop professional skill sets in the consulting aspects of our real estate tax practice. Ideal candidates will have a public accounting federal and multi-state tax background in real estate, individual, partnership and S-Corporation taxation.
- Review and supervise the preparation of tax returns for our high net worth individual clients, business returns and trust returns.
- Consult with our estate/gift tax subject matter experts to develop income and estate/gift tax planning strategies for our clients.
- Research tax laws and prepare tax memorandums on technical issues.
- Manage all aspects of client accounts, fostering client relationships and extending services to those clients.
- Manage and drive the success of multiple engagements.
- Develop, retain and attract staff.
- Keep lines of communication open with staff and clients.
- Provide appropriate and timely performance feedback to supervised staff.
- Keep abreast of changes in tax laws/regulations, industry trends and maintain competency through continuing education.
- Build, maintain and utilize networks of client relationships and community involvement.
Present and oversee the preparation of proposals to existing and prospective clients.
- 8+ years of experience working in public accounting with experience in the review and preparation of individual, business and partnership tax returns.
- MST or working toward MST a plus.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with developing and presenting training materials to clients and staff.
- Possesses in-depth and current knowledge of tax laws and regulations.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective. Text/HTML Job ID: Job Field Widget
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
req14085 Text/HTML Line of Business: Job Field Widget
Tax Services Text/HTML SubFunction: Job Field Widget
Real Estate Text/HTML Job Type: Job Field Widget
FullTime Text/HTML Req #: Job Field Widget
req14085 Text/HTML Location: Job Field Widget
Chicago, IL US Text/HTML Region: Job Field Widget
Great Lakes Region Text/HTML Job Category: Job Field Widget
Tax Text/HTML Employment Type: Job Field Widget
Experienced Text/HTML Degree Required: Job Field Widget
Bachelor Text/HTML Travel: Job Field Widget
Yes ApplyButton Widget Social Sharing