Technical Representative - Application Programming Interface (API)
Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 40 years and we pride ourselves on being a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Job Description:
Interactive Brokers is expanding its Application Programming Interface department (API) at our main North America call center in Chicago, IL. As an API Programmer / Technician, a candidate should expect to consistently provide friendly and informative technical support to Interactive Brokers' clients. We are searching for experienced candidates with prior call center background in the financial services industry.
Our Trader WorkStation is a Java 2 based proprietary trading platform that allows end-users to trade from their home or office. You will be expected to:
You will need to have
- Direct phone, chat, and written ticket support of API users about TWS API functionality and capabilities
- Execute scripts in all supported languages and technologies (Java, Python, C#, C++, ActiveX, DDE, VB.NET) and operating systems (primarily Windows, but also Linux and Mac OS) to troubleshoot and test API code
- Document new source code with Doxygen and Github
- Contribute code patches to fix/enhance API source through Github pull requests
- Escalate reported client issues to developers or appropriate groups within Customer Service
What we'd also love to see:
- Minimum of 2+ years Java Programming experience (a must)
- Bachelor's degree required in: computer science or related field
- Thorough understanding of office and internet related applications
- Windows 7 Professional Troubleshooting
- DNS, TCP/IP and Application Support
- Java Programming
- Hands-on PC Troubleshooting
- VB, C# and Java - Intermediate Programming Experience
- Technical Certifications: A+ Certification, etc.
- Call Center or Phone Support experience in the financial services
- Exposure To Linux or Mac
- Perl Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Technical Troubleshooting Skills
- Enthusiastic and hard-working individuals with both the ability to follow well-organized procedure as well as investigate new problems to assist end-users.
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonuses, and annual stock grants.
- Daily company paid lunch.
- 401k with company match.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Newly renovated offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups.
- Team outings and dinners.
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities.
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of publicly traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees (if hyperlink is deactivated please copy https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 to your browser).
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info