Trade Systems Support Lead
Trade Systems Support Lead Areas of Interest:
Share: Company Description:
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with trading desks, third party vendors, operations and IT on requirements, design, implementation and support of trading related technologies.
- Maintain and support existing custom trading applications and third party products of medium to high complexity with an emphasis on trading workflow and integration.
- Work closely with senior IT development staff and Development Manager to ensure that technical design and programs satisfy business needs.
- Work with IT support staff to ensure all processes have appropriate monitoring, recovery, and security.
- Drive completion of large scale, complex, high profile IT/Trading projects. Coordinate project staff and vendors, ensuring projects meet timing, budget, and quality objectives. Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects, providing direction and support to project team and vendors. Update plan as appropriate to meet changing objectives.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry technology trends, best practices and potential benefits, risks and challenges associated with various software solutions. Share expertise with project teams and business unit management.
- Participate in other projects as requested by management.
- 10+ years of experience with 5+ years in a trading system management / trading support role, leading trading technology related projects required.
- Significant hands-on experience with trading systems and the related back-office systems.
- Financial services experience required.
- Bachelors degree strongly preferred.
- In depth technical knowledge in various trading technologies on both the buy and sell sides. Emphasis on sell side equity desk using Fidessa and Bloomberg OMS systems, Broadridge back office.
- Excellent business knowledge with emphasis on inner workings of broker/dealer and/or financial services business including the operational aspects of the business.
- Knowledge of fix protocol, OATS and CAT reporting, various executing brokers, algos, exchanges and other broker dealers.
- Can explain SEC market access rules.
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills.
- Capable of working on technical projects with little or no supervision and with strong attention to details. Demonstrated project management experience.
- High level of commitment and enthusiasm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work directly with business partners in a team-based environment.