Sr. Underwriter Production US IL - Chicago/en-US/Argo/job/US-IL---Chicago/Sr-Underwriter---Production_R0002639/apply
JOB TITLE: Sr. Underwriter - Production
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
REPORTS TO: AVP, Underwriting
JOB PURPOSE: The Sr. Underwriter position will be responsible for underwriting, marketing and broker development of new business according to authority level and established guidelines. This position may also require participation in special projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review policies to verify acceptability based upon company underwriting guidelines and granted underwriting authority.
- Determine whether to accept, modify, or decline risks.
- Oversee and approve endorsements as indicated.
- Resolve premium audit disputes within assigned territory.
- Utilize underwriting tools to determine accurate classifications, rates, and premium charges.
- Review state laws, including cancellation and non-renewal, within assigned territory to properly transact business within the state.
- Consult with brokers to obtain further information, quote rates, or explain underwriting guidelines.
- Create, analyze, and interpret data from various reports.
- Manage assigned underwriting territory, including management of agents and travel to agent offices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree and/or three to five years related insurance experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 or more years of excess and surplus primary GL experience with authority
- Established Wholesale broker relationships
- Adhere to underwriting guidelines established by the division
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Previous insurance educational work, IIA and CPCU desirable.
- Detail oriented with initiative and the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to travel.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient in the use of computer programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin or citizenship (including language use restrictions), denial of family and medical care leave, disability (mental and physical) , including HIV and AIDS, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Applicants: For the most convenient application experience, please use the Apply with LinkedIn button. If manually entering, only include your most recent or relevant job information needed for this role. For either method, please attach your most current resume. Additional job history may be obtained if selected for the interview process.
Posted TodayFull timeR0002639
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ARGO) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in areas of the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a comprehensive line of high-quality products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims-handling needs of its clients in four business segments.
- Excess & Surplus focuses on risks that the standard (admitted) market is unwilling or unable to underwrite because of the nature of their businesses, their particular risk exposures or their loss histories.
- Commercial Specialty provides standard-market property and casualty insurance and surety coverage to highly specialized commercial and public entities.
- International Specialty writes both insurance and reinsurance business worldwide through the broker market, with offerings including specialty property catastrophe reinsurance along with excess casualty and professional insurance.
- Syndicate 1200 operates through a Lloyds of London syndicate offering property and liability coverage.
Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. is headquartered in Bermuda.