Anti-Money Laundering Analyst - Alert Adjudication Unit Chicago, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Chicago-IL-USA/Anti-Money-Laundering-Analyst---Alert-Adjudication-Unit_R200013285-1/apply
200 W Adams Street
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
Conducts investigations to identify, assess, decision and report on activity that indicates an exposure to financial crimes. Ensures potential threats and investigations are evaluated, documented, managed and escalated by following standard operating procedures. Provides subject matter expertise and oversight of criminal risk by following a disciplined and intelligence-based approach to detection and research of activities and events in alignment with criminal risk frameworks and standards to ensure compliance as well as support trending, analysis and insights generation.
- Provides input and develops recommendations for process and customer service improvements.
- Stays abreast of financial crimes risk trends, relevant regulations and compliance standards.
- Monitors and analyzes various information provided through detection systems, tools, reports, or manually to evaluate, investigate and determine required actions.
- Supports the collection of evidence and information to be used for multiple purposes including incident reports/filings, loss prevention, litigation and criminal prosecution, management information and statistics, and process improvements.
- Documents actions and information found throughout the investigation to develop and maintain account/case files.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the financial crime management processes, frameworks and techniques.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Executes routine tasks such as service requests, transactions, queries etc. within relevant service level agreements.
- Provides notification, information and instructions to internal/external stakeholders related to incidents as necessary.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically, between 2-3 years of relevant experience and a post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of risk and regulatory requirements as they apply to financial crimes is an asset.
- Knowledge of banking products, services, processes, and organization is an asset.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skillls - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted TodayFull timeR200013285 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.