VP, Portfolio Specialist
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Nuveen Investments
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
VP, Portfolio Specialist
Santa Barbara Asset Management ('SBAM') is looking for a strong Portfolio Specialist to join its team.This position is responsible for driving sales by making presentations to clients and prospects. Santa Barbara Asset Management was built upon the fundamental belief that a well-managed, consistently growing enterprise is a valuable place to invest. Santa Barbara Asset Management is an affiliate of Nuveen, and focused on dividend growth investing with experience and expertise in managing equity portfolios for individuals, corporations, endowments, foundations and public plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are generally representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Provide portfolio updates, investment outlook, performance results-as frequently as possible to existing clients, broker-consultants, and sponsor firms. Meetings should be managed without participation of investment team members.
- Have intimate knowledge on specific stock holdings, investment process, and trade rationale - acting as a proxy for the investment team members
- Regular interface with investment management team
- Must be conversant in discussing performance attribution, portfolio analysis and outlook for Equity Markets, and have a strong knowledge of the competitor landscape.
- Serve as a 'Product Ambassador' supporting SBAM's Institutional and Retail distribution teams. This may include overseeing RFP responses, creating product materials and acting as a liaison for requests coming to SBAM via these channels.
- Represent and actively market SBAM investment products as part of the investment team. Forums include: conferences, certain final presentations, client and consultant update meetings, etc.
- Serving in a business development and product management role to promote SBAM products within Nuveen and externally. Continued analysis of the market place, portfolios, performance and firm is required to develop and position both existing products and new strategies.
- Extensive domestic and limited international travel will be required of the candidate. 60% travel will be expected but will vary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university; MBA and/or CFA preferred
- 7-10 years of relevant investment and analytical experience
- Superior understanding of securities analysis, valuation methods, qualitative, and quantitative techniques.
- Experience with Private Client or Private Wealth teams, a plus
- FINRA Series 7, 63, and 65 Licensed
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Compelling presentation skills, including ability to simply explain complex ideas
- Ability to work within a team, as well as complete projects independently
- Naturally able to network and motivate internal relationship/sales professionals
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional problem recognition and resolution skills
- Capable of discussing portfolio attribution and other technical aspects of the portfolio
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent attention to detail
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and Factset
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.