Vice President, Restructuring Job ID 20000703 Chicago, Illinois
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Our Restructuring and Special Situations Investment Banking practice is a dedicated team of seasoned restructuring industry professionals that provide M&A advisory, capital raising, and debt and equity restructuring services to distressed companies and their key stakeholders. Our restructuring team leverages the full capabilities of Duff & Phelps global platform, including its industry-leading valuation, diligence, opinions, operational improvement/crisis management, and litigation consulting practices, as well as its dedicated industry verticals. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for day-to-day execution of restructuring and special situation investment banking transactions, including support of Managing Directors; significant interaction with client, other stakeholders, and professionals; and supervision of junior professionals.
- Support business development activities of senior professionals as well as develop personal, long-term practice and business development plan.
- Apply business, accounting, finance and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines (e.g., financial modeling, ratio and comparable company analysis, review/analysis of financial statements and projections, assessing business plans, claims, conducting due diligence on balance sheet and profit and loss statement items, etc.).
- Prepare complex cash flow projections and worksheets to model business processes and/or actual or hypothetical transactions.
- Work to ensure a quality product, as well as delivery of all work within established time frames.
- Prepare draft written analyses and other reports for third parties, as necessary, on the project scope, findings and/or results of activities.
- Prepare presentations and quantitative exhibits for third parties, as necessary, on the project scope, findings and/or results of activities.
- Conduct research and organize information to facilitate effective data access and analysis.
- Maintain professional image within the company and project same to those outside the company.
- Actively support the business development activities for the firm, including attendance at seminars, conferences and firm events.
- Experience executing restructuring and special situation investment banking transactions, including M&A advisory (in and out of bankruptcy), capital raising to fund turnarounds and bankruptcy reorganizations, and balance sheet restructurings.
- Experience supporting senior professionals in business development activities, including new business idea generation, preparation of marketing and pitch materials, participating in new business pitches.
- Experience with Internet-based financial research resources for corporate information, SEC filings, competitive data, etc.
- General knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles and terminology.
- Acumen of the corporate bankruptcy procedures (and knowledge of bankruptcy law and filing rules a plus.).
- Expertise in the area of accounting, forensic investigations, bankruptcy/restructuring, and cross border projects.
- Solid project management skills and experience in managing medium sized to large assignments managing 3 + Associates.
- Strong academic background, including a minimum of a bachelor's degree and U.S. (or globally recognized)
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal), mathematical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-task environment; willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Strong IT skills, preferably including Microsoft Office Suite as well as proficiency in management information and database systems.
- Well-developed practice management skills.
- Strong sense of business development and well-developed analytical skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility with respect to assigned tasks and engagements due to changing deadlines, changing deliverables and evolving task priorities.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.