- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Vice President – Public Finance-Local Government Senior Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL, USAThe VP-SA will be part of Moody's Midwest Local Government Team, which is responsible for the credit analysis of local governments' general obligation and enterprise debt in ten Midwest states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. The VP-SA will be directly responsible for a significant portfolio of local government credits. This is a challenging, high profile role in which the VP-SA will contribute to Moody's overall public finance risk analysis. The VP-SA must be accomplished and adept at issuer and intermediary relations and outreach. The VP-SA must be an effective external representative of Moody's.
- As a lead analyst, manage ratings quality and consistency for a portfolio of high profile and complex local government credits; assign initial ratings and monitor outstanding ratings
- As a rating committee chair, oversee the assignment of ratings using Moody's methodologies and by fostering participation among committee members
- Author high quality research - both in-depth reports and quick-turnaround, news-driven commentary - on priority topics of interest to a broad readership; review and edit credit opinions and research reports produced by the Chicago team
- Effectively represent Moody's externally by: leading meetings with issuers, intermediaries, investors, and the media; delivering formal presentations to audiences of capital market participants; and knowledgably responding to investor and press inquiries
- Provide guidance to Chicago team members, including junior analysts, on credit analysis, workflow, research, and interactions with issuers and intermediaries
- Develop strong working relationships with the Chicago team and other Moody's groups, fostering collaboration and coordination across teams
- Consistently adhere to all code-of-conduct, compliance, and regulatory requirements
Moody's Local Government Team
- Graduate degree in public policy, public administration, business administration, or economics strongly preferred; knowledge of local government accounting, budgeting, and finance
- Eight + years of professional experience in credit analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge of Moody's local government rating methodologies; awareness of public finance credit issues and trends, both national and state-specific
- Sound judgment; capable of developing independent opinions and defending Moody's views externally in a professional manner
- Excellent written communication skills; demonstrated ability to convey complex analytical issues in writing with both nuance and clarity
- Organized and efficient; able to manage competing priorities while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build relationships with colleagues and thrive in a collaborative work environment
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.