Vice President, Relationship Manager
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 17 Dec 17 2017-12-17
Vice President, Relationship Manager
Are you an experienced client facing professional with a proven ability to build and manage relationships with complex institutional clients? Help us grow our institutional business and strengthen relationships with RIA clients in the Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions (FCCS) organization. In FCCS we help our institutional clients thrive by growing their businesses, more effectively meeting customer needs, and enhancing operational efficiency and profitability.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 years direct client and/or financial services experience in Sales or Relationship Management function
- Direct experience in RIA, Custody or Brokerage industry
- Series 7 and 63 registrations
The Purpose of Your Role
The Vice President will inspire client loyalty while managing strategic relationships with FCCS' RIA clients in the Midwest region. You will focus on nurturing existing client relationships with the goals of helping our clients grow their business and increasing overall profitability. In this role you will also identify root causes/drivers of client requests by asking detailed questions in order to develop a deeper understanding of client goals and challenges. You will also spend time thinking critically about key topics including industry trends, products, platforms and client opportunities and sharing best practices with your peers.
This position will be based in Chicago.
The Skills You Bring
- Proven ability to successfully build and manage relationships with demanding and complex clients
- Track record of success with clients and prospects interactions
- Financial business analysis and/or consulting experience is a plus
- Client operations experience is preferred
- Strong communicator with a consultative approach
- Strong multi-tasking, project management and organizational skills
The Value You Deliver
- Assume primary relationship management responsibility for a complex portfolio of clients
- Develop and implement business plans and goals for the territory
- Prioritize clients accurately and develop territory management strategies
- Analyze data to inform priorities, decisions and to create a point of view to share with your clients
- Initiate strategic business discussions with clients. Provide proactive consultation and practice management solutions to clients, uncovering opportunities to gather additional assets.
- Stay informed of critical operational issues and escalations that impact the client.
- Monitor trends impacting client satisfaction within your book of business, including competitive, industry, and marketplace data. Develop a response plan to maintain or improve client satisfaction.
- Share information and collaborate with colleagues across Fidelity to leverage best practices and work on cross-company initiatives
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions (FCCS) is a leading provider of trading, custody and brokerage services to Registered Investment Advisors, Trust Institutions and Third Party Administrators. You will be part of a business that offers access to a comprehensive set of products and services, innovative investment tools and research, an integrated brokerage and trust platform, and dedicated client service professionals - all designed to help our clients thrive.Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.