- Elk Grove Village, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Java & PCF Developer
Java & PCF Developer
- Primary Location: United States,Illinois,Elk Grove Village
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18052201
Citi Retail Services Technology is looking for a Senior Developer with broad experience and an interest in both new product development as well as existing product ownership. In this deeply hands-on role, you will join a highly dynamic team passionate about tightly integrating Retail Services partners with the Citi ecosystem. Your role will be a blend of distributed team and independent work as well as ongoing collaboration with peers, stakeholders, and business partners. Your ability to blend a zeal for emerging technology alongside laser-sharp focus with existing robust frameworks will be paramount. We expect to combine your technical expertise with excellent communication skills.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Lead complex development projects enhancing, maintaining, refactoring, and creating new APIs and services within a Linux, Java, and Pivotal Cloud Foundry technology stack. Background and experience in both Waterfall and Agile project delivery methodologies - and ideally exposure to a transformation engagement from Waterfall to Agile. Drive and deliver key project engagements collaborating with members of the team leveraging software architecture, development, and engineering best practices. A deep understanding of Java, Spring Tools Suite, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, XML/XSLT, REST/JSON, MSMQ or other Enterprise Message Bus Systems, and above all must possess and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and pride in the quality of your work.
- Design and development experience with Java, Micro Services, API architecture, XML and XSLT
- Experience in software development using C#, .Net, and SQL Server on the Windows platform a plus
- Experience designing APIs and Micro Services using the 12 factor principles
- Experience with a PaaS environment using Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Experience with Amazon or Azure Cloud hosting a plus
- Experience with automated unit testing using Junit or similar testing frameworks and test integration with an automated build.
- Experience in defining static code analysis using SonarQube or a similar product
- Utilizing Jira for Application Lifecycle Management
- Define, implement, and manage a Jenkins automated build process to support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery with automated builds
- Strong focus on test-driven development/automated Unit and Regression testing mindset
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Ability to measure and tune Service Performance at code and platform level
- Strong initiative and passion in learning new technology, methodology, functionality, and the ability to work both individually and part of multiple teams
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience;
- 5+ years of application development on a business critical and low latency system with progressively increasing scope and/or responsibility;
- 3+ years of experience in the credit card industry;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office desktop tools (MS Visio, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel)
- Ability to collaborate with technology and business in ambiguous situations, meeting or exceeding customer and partner expectations.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in developing comprehensive real-time transactional processing development and support for different retail partners and other LOBs.
- Experience working with offshore consultants and will have had success in increasing and improving their turn-around times and upgrading skill levels.