- Elk Grove Village, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Marketing Tech Lead
Marketing Tech Lead
- Primary Location: United States,Illinois,Elk Grove Village
- Other Location: United States,Texas,Irving
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18046408
GCT NAM Citi Retail Services (CRS) Technology
Business Analysis Group Mgr
Title: CRS Marketing Tech Leader
Primary Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
Secondary Location: Irving, TX
Brief Description of the Organization
Citi's Global Consumer Bank (GCB) is building a purpose-driven team to serve its globally diverse, digitally forward customers in top cities around the world. We're looking for exceptional candidates who think digitally and differently, resolve problems in unconventional ways and strive to provide a remarkable experience for our clients. We define success by our Citi Leadership Standards: Develops our People, Drives Value for Clients, Works as a Partner, Champions Progress, Lives our Values and Delivers Results.
Citi's Global Consumer Technology (GCT) organization serves the GCB global suite of products providing a full range of innovative and comprehensive set of services. Our businesses also offer industry-leading advanced technology, a strong worldwide presence and a powerful global franchise.
Overview of the Role
This role will be responsible for leading the NAM Retail Services Marketing Technology team within the CRS Technology Organization and be responsible for Marketing including Marketing Operations, Risk, and Fraud. It will report to the GCT Retail Services Technology Head.
This person is responsible for working with the CRS & Global businesses setting the overall direction for CRS while identifying new opportunities with support of the CRS business plans and goals, and provides both strategy and tactical activities to maintain and enhance the technology applications and infrastructure.
The role is responsible for ensuring responsiveness to business needs and driving disruptive thought leadership and new approaches to accelerate digital priorities and is accountable for proactively identifying and implementing actions that ensure initiatives are delivered at a high quality, on time and on budget.
Objectives of the Role
- This role will serve as the primary technical liaison, supporting Citi Retail Services Fraud, Risk and Marketing Operations responsible for leading vendor or in-house technical solutions.
- Supports Marketing Operations for remunerations activities and consent order work
- Supports both Global Fraud & Risk Management strategies in conjunction with the Retail Services Risk teams
- Build relationships with key leaders and stakeholders to understand their business areas and help to develop product roadmaps and strategies that will add value to the organization as a whole.
- Manage team of 5-10 employees to ensure delivery of Fraud, Risk and Marketing Operations programs and projects including issue management governance.
- Leads ad hoc portfolio remediation activities with the Marketing Operations teams
- Formulates and defines strategies on high-impact core projects related to Fraud, Risk and Marketing Operations. In-depth evaluation of complex business processes, systems and industry standards.
- Participates in vendor-related contractual negotiations. Responsible for coordinating RFP/SOW process for vendor onboarding with the vendor support team. Manages vendor budgets and reviews monthly expense. Brings forward financial risks and opportunities with third parties.
- Assists in coordination of Retail Services Technology activities related to budgeting and forecasting, capacity projections, managing financial risks and opportunities as it relates to supporting Fraud, Risk and Marketing Operations. Track of financial variances within the direct team, and with shared partners.
- Agile Experience - Perform as a key influencer and supporter of an Agile delivery style within the Scrum teams and to the wider business.
- Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment; identifies and communicates risks and impacts; proposes risk mitigation options.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of how own area and others (i.e., architecture or infrastructure) collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives.
- Persuades and influences others through strong and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills. Oversee vision and drive implementation of NAM Retail Bank and Mortgage technology strategy and oversee management and delivery against total book of work
- Provide senior leadership and advice on large-scale strategic initiatives
- Engage in innovative problem solving activities, requiring conceptual thinking as they will be responsible for creating 'out of the box' solutions with prototypes and pilots.
- Establish and build relationships and partnerships across business, technology and operations
- Champion an inclusive and diverse global mindset to attract, develop and advocate a deep and diverse 'Forward Compatible' talent pool within the organization that includes effective coaching and development.
- Drive successful performance management, talent management and communications
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure program scope definition meets business objectives
- Manage the identification of risks which impact program delivery and ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary
- Results/action-orientation; project management skills
- Highly-developed communications skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal savvy
- Organizational and political agility; developed negotiating skills
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust
- Able to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in management and balancing business requirements and goals with technology capabilities
- Strategy development & executive compatibility
- Strong matrix and partner relationships skills
- Experience with Consumer Banking
- Proven ability in building relationships meeting corporate objectives.
- Knowledge of financial controls, the IT organization, and a broad understanding of business drivers and strategies.
- Mission-driven; passionate for process improvements
- Good sense of self and strong personal presence
- Willingness to work hard and take direction-but also creatively solve problems for which the answers are not readily available.