- Elk Grove Village, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
PMO CRS (Citi Retail Services) Projects Leader
PMO CRS (Citi Retail Services) Projects Leader
- Primary Location: United States,Illinois,Elk Grove Village
- Other Location: United States,Texas,Irving
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18045982
GCT NAM Project Management Office (PMO)
IT Project Group Manager
Title: PMO CRS (Citi Retail Services) Projects Leader
Primary Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
Secondary Location: Irving, TX
Brief Description of the Organization
Citi's Global Consumer Bank (GCB) is building a purpose-driven team to serve its globally diverse, digitally forward customers in top cities around the world. We're looking for exceptional candidates who think digitally and differently, resolve problems in unconventional ways and strive to provide a remarkable experience for our clients. We define success by our Citi Leadership Standards: Develops our People, Drives Value for Clients, Works as a Partner, Champions Progress, Lives our Values and Delivers Results.
Citi's Global Consumer Technology (GCT) organization serves the GCB global suite of products providing a full range of innovative and comprehensive set of services. Our businesses also offer industry-leading advanced technology, a strong worldwide presence and a powerful global franchise.
Overview of the Role
You will never lose sight of our customers as you lead a team of technology project managers who are accountable for the successful delivery of the Project Book of Work for Citi Retail Services. You will have the associated responsibilities in planning, directing, coordination and support of the day-to-day activities of running projects, programs or portfolio of programs. The role holder will support consistent governance, oversight, delivery and reporting on the associated Book of Work for their team and identify productivity opportunity and drive towards Best in Class. This role requires proactively identifying and implementing actions that ensure initiatives are delivered at a high quality, on time and on budget. This implies that this role is accountable for orchestrating a consistent transformation across business, technology, operations and channels.
The ideal candidate will be a senior-level technology professional and leader in technology project management who will drive priorities while balancing risks, capital allocations, and change complexities throughout the enterprise. The candidate must be able to manage large programs and complex projects as well as a team of project managers. The ability to partner with the business and technology teams delivering the solutions for strategic initiatives with innovation. Forward Compatibility is essential.
Objectives of the Role
- Motivate and focus a team to reach challenging goals and push organization forward.
- Embrace change, continually iterate to improve team execution model.
- Remove any blocking issues that would potentially impede successful delivery of your work product.
- Management of a team of technology project managers responsible for the successful end-to-end delivery of high-quality strategic projects including project planning, risk identification, financial management and change management supported by the development of detailed IT work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, status reporting, etc.
- Fully responsible for all aspects of people management including performance management, talent development, coaching, and hiring processes. Champion Citi's diversity culture.
- Strategically influence and exercise control over project resources, budget management and planning; accountable for end results. Set guidelines for appropriate staffing requirements to meet operational needs.
- Manage the identification of risks which impact program delivery and ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary.
- Ensure Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Methodology and Practices along with Project Management principles are maintained, delivered and applied in compliance with corporate policy and best-practice standards (Agile/Scrum and Waterfall); Ensure essential procedures are followed and team is in compliance with all Citi/GCT standards and policies.
- Apply comprehensive understanding of how multiple areas collectively integrate within IT project leadership to contribute towards achieving business objectives.
- Partner with key business and technology stakeholders to synthesize through gaps and ideate on sound, thorough solutions that mitigate risk and champion progress.
- Address/escalate potential roadblocks, including developing a forward looking view of critical interdependencies and critical risks, identifying mitigation actions and identifying issues to escalate to senior management for decision making.
- Execute against multiple contending priorities simultaneously.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science or related field.
- 10+ years in development/project management/technical discipline working directly with software development teams, business analysts and quality assurance teams and managing large work portfolio in the financial services domain.
- Strong leadership and management skills - creates and drives strategic vision, mentoring, coaching, continuous feedback and support.
- Strong interpersonal and talent development skills, ability to identify, attract, and develop talent.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to decipher and prioritize critical data and metrics to back up assumptions and mitigation plans.
- Demonstrated ability to provide evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draws on diverse range of internal and external sources. Influences and negotiates with senior leaders (across functions).
- Sound understanding of IT project leadership concepts and principles along with a demonstrated in-depth understanding of how IT project leadership integrates within the overall technology function to achieve objectives; requires a good understanding of the industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate status, risks, and issues to executive management; Strong interpersonal skills with sound judgment and decision making skills and the ability to influence actions.
- Experience delivering agile methodology and utilizes Agile backlog management tools like RTC/JIRA.
- Experience in affecting large, cross functional culture change.
- Baseline understanding of project financial linkages.
- Collaborative team player focused ensuring overall business success.
- Proven ability to deliver projects utilizing the SDLC under Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Citi PM SDLC processes is required.
- Familiarity with the major line of business activities within Global Consumer Technology that are supported by the team.
- Flexibility with travel.
- PMP certification is a plus.