Senior Mortgage Banker Naperville, IL, USA/en-US/External/job/Naperville-IL-USA/Senior-Mortgage-Banker_R200017409/apply
1200 E. Warrenville Road
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Cultivates, builds, and manages relationships with a third-party network of referral sources to build a pipeline of new mortgage business and increase BMOs share of the home financing market. Develops and executes effective marketing and sales programs to drive business results. Adheres to audit, regulatory, and compliance policies and follows all standard processes/procedures Provides technical expertise for proactive credit analysis, structuring, decisions, and portfolio monitoring. Applies lending expertise to a lending product portfolio or part of the lending process (e.g. underwriting, funding, monitoring)
U.S. Only: This position will act as an originator of consumer loans as defined by Regulation Z, Regulation G, and the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the S.A.F.E. Act). This position will require a Federal registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry. The Bank will instruct you on the registration requirements needed to comply with this requirement. A criminal background review and credit history evaluation will be required for this position as well as restrictions on performing in a real estate agent capacity.
- Actively searches for sales opportunities to achieve individual sales and profitability goals.
- Proactively contacts realtors and referral sources identified through the creation of national partnerships and/or creates local partnerships to lead client and realtor discussions and sell real estate lending products and insurance that meet the Banks mortgage growth and profitability objectives.
- Assists with the implementation of targeted marketing programs, promotions, and other initiatives.
- Seeks opportunities to expand network by obtaining referrals from existing relationships.
- Establishes and enhances the Banks community presence by participating in trade shows, conferences, and related events.
- Serves a customer advocate during application and processing activities.
- Provides marketing, event coordination, and general administrative support to maintain positive and ongoing contact with their broader referral network.
- Delivers exceptional customer service that builds trust through expertise, responsive service, and support.
- Organizes customer appreciation events, seminars, and conference calls.
- Guides customers throughout mortgage application and processing activities.
- Assists in preparing for client meetings and account opening documentation.
- Assists with the development of client communications as required.
- Identifies and recommends workflow process alternatives that can lead to improved efficiency and service levels.
- Ensures timely resolution of all client questions and concerns, both internal and external.
- Performs client sales & service support activities as required to meet client needs and maintain overall service standards.
- Determines client needs and ensures timely and accurate completion of transaction processing.
- Provides after sales support and handles exceptions tactfully, accurately and efficiently in accordance with Bank policy.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Identifies opportunities to increase profitability, create capacity and reduce expenses.
- Ensure timely and accurate set-up, maintenance and advance of lending products.
- May focus on either after sales service, or compliance (risk management) and fulfillment services, or both.
- Mitigates identified risks and makes credit recommendations/decisions in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and compliance with the Banks philosophy and principles outlined in corporate risk policy and supporting policies and procedures.
- Executes set-up, maintenance, and advancement of lending products and related account administration as per guidelines.
- Verifies and processes loan drawdowns, ensuring they are within the terms of the credit authorization and completion of required security documentation.
- Reviews and actions overdrafts and other monitoring reports in a timely manner.
- Sets up and completes margin / covenant tests within established timeframes.
- Maintains control of security collateral including preparation and registration.
- Identifies, diarizes, and monitors accounts for security renewals, registrations, and other expiry dates to meet compliance requirements.
- Monitors and controls the integrity of lending documentation.
- Identifies and escalates irregularities and discrepancies to management as per guidelines.
- Collects fees applicable to credit terms and conditions or account agreement.
- Participates in assigned audits and compliance reviews.
- Ensures proper adherence to the code of conduct and ethical guidelines.
- Follows security and safeguarding procedures and applies appropriate due diligence for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting money laundering or defalcation in accordance with Bank policy.
- Protects the Banks assets by adhering to all banking, investment and lending regulations, policies, and procedures, legal and ethical requirements, process requirements, bank guidelines, and established risk guidelines.
- Focus may be on a business/group.
- Thinks creatively and proposes new solutions.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works mostly independently.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 3 - 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires Credit Qualification in accordance with the established credit qualification processes, policies, and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of personal (primarily) and commercial credit and non-credit products and services.
- In-depth knowledge of lending processes and supporting policies.
- In-depth knowledge of loan documentation.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
Were here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one for yourself and our customers. Well support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, well help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each others differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted 7 Days AgoFull timeR200017409 BMO Financial Group
Serving customers for 200 years and counting, BMO is a highly diversified financial services provider the 8th largest bank, by assets, in North America. With total assets of $728 billion as of October 31, 2018, and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers and conducts business through three operating groups: Personal and Commercial Banking, BMO Wealth Management and BMO Capital Markets.
We serve Canadian clients through BMO Bank of Montreal®, our personal and commercial banking business, BMO Nesbitt Burns®*, one of Canada's leading wealth management firms, and BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
In the United States, clients are served through BMO Harris Bank, a major U.S. Midwest personal and commercial bank, and BMO Private Bank, with wealth management offices across the United States, as well as BMO Capital Markets, our North American investment and corporate banking division.
We help our customers make money make sense by delivering the broadest range of financial services through a single point of contact. Our financial service professionals provide access to any services our customers require across the entire enterprise.