Financial Planning Manager
Financial Planning Manager Financial Planning Manager USA-IL-Riverwoods-Lake Cook Rd/en-US/External/job/USA-IL-Riverwoods-Lake-Cook-Rd/Financial-Planning-Manager_R0009505-1/apply
The Financial Planning Manager is responsible for financial planning, modeling and analysis for the global Human Resources function. This role will provide key financial analysis and reporting by managing various monthly reporting processes. The role ensures that the project and department milestones are met while adhering to the approved budgets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective planning and analysis capability that provides appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance of global HR function or region
- Routinely communicate business unit and company consolidated financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications
- Work with Business Unit heads and divisional finance heads to build their annual budgets and forecasts
- Produce models to project impacting business factors
- Communicate the reasons behind the department performance and results
- Provide detailed analysis and insights
- Reviews existing processes and procedures to develop recommendations for improvement efforts
- Evaluates previous budgets, expenditures to develop and implement future budgets
- Lead scenario modeling efforts for the development and growth of the function. Participate as a key subject matter expert to the global finance team, influencing decision making and identifying finance priorities
- Develop and execute processes to allow for routine analytical reviews of financial and operational performance, leveraging business unit analytical resources and tools
- Provide financial stewardship of ADP payroll contract. Ensure costs are valid and allocated to the business units appropriately
- Assist with the strategic aspects of the annual operating plan and budget process for the company
- Prepare presentations in support of board meetings, monthly/quarterly senior leadership meetings and various strategic committees of the company
- Support the strategic business planning process
- Partner with accounting, treasury, tax as appropriate
- 8-10 years of finance experience with progressive responsibility
- Exposure to international operations
- HFM, Workday and SAP experiences
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, knowledge of IFRS desirable
- Possesses sound judgment in planning and execution of tasks to achieving desired goals
- Aware of differences in current relevant country laws and regulations and ability to guide compliance
- Exceptional skills in working with advanced Excel and other MS Office applications, performing complex analysis
- Strong and effective skills in communicating to all levels of employees
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications
- Strong MS Office skills required
- Significant analytical skillset
- Ability to work on multiple high-value projects simultaneously
- Strong quantitative abilities
- Able to solve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- High level of business acumen
- Advanced computer software skills, including writing macros in Excel and other accounting packages
Education: Bachelor’s degree required in Finance or Business
10 - 15% - International or Domestic (depending on project requirements).
Professional Office Environment The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They’re not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements. All Locations:
USA-IL-Riverwoods-Lake Cook RdPosted YesterdayFull timeR0009505
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the health, tax & accounting, finance, risk & compliance, and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2019 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For more information about our solutions and organization, visit , follow us on , , and .
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Wolters Kluwer and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected status.
Financial Planning Manager