Director, Business Analytics,Process Engineering, Finance And Insurance Industry
Director, Business Analytics and Process Engineering - TCF Inventory Finance TCF Inventory Finance (TCFIF) has a great opportunity for a Director of Business Insights and Process Engineering
. The Director will provide thought leadership and actionable insights to support TCFIFs strategic imperatives. The position requires a strategic and dynamic approach to leveraging quantitative and qualitative data to drive business outcomes, optimize and improve operational processes, and change management. The Director will work collaboratively with all functions in the business and TCF enterprise. Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Business Insights and Process Engineering will provide leadership to a team of analytical experts and product developers. The Director will operate as a change agent working closely with the senior leadership team to leverage TCFIFs proprietary Inventory Engine (a Salesforce supported system) and reporting tools to drive effective and efficient decision making to serve customers. Major Areas of Accountability:
- Develop analytical capabilities to provide leadership insights into the portfolio and competitive environment to enable actionable strategy.
- Analyze cross-functional process interdependencies and recommend systematic solutions to achieve efficiencies.
- Work collaboratively with various functions such as Credit, Processing, Finance, Portfolio Control, and Boarding & Documentation to ensure their analytical and reporting needs are fulfilled to drive accurate decisions.
- Drive the use of self-service analytics, where appropriate, with customers and functional departments leveraging Tableau.
- Lead process optimization workouts with cross-functional teams and manage large scale projects.
- Develop relationships with key constituents necessary to deliver project results, including internal lean team, cross-functional work team, project steering committee, and support functions.
- Analyze operational metrics with functional departments, creates scorecards, monitor scorecard performance, identify and communicate gaps, recommend solutions, oversee implementation for enhancements, and develop control mechanisms for ongoing improvement.
- Lead and coach the team to become partners to functional leaders by deploying their subject matter expertise to analyze processes and recommend solutions to drive effectiveness.
- Provide direction and support to product and project teams, as appropriate.
- Present findings and make recommendations to executive leadership.
- Research new methods available to drive innovative use of technology and analytics to achieve business insights; recommend enhancements to executive leadership.
Build your career with TCF
- Bachelors degree in Analytics, Information Technology, Decision Science or related field, Masters Degree or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Business Insights / Analytics / Data Management experience with demonstrated technical leadership in the banking or financial services industry; experience in inventory finance industry preferred
- 5+ years of experience leading, developing and engaging a high performing team
- Demonstrated track record of effectively driving and managing change to improve operating efficiencies and productivity
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the proven ability to deliver executive level presentations to all levels of the organization including C-Suite Executives
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working in team environment
- Superior strategic planning and strong problem-solving skills that enable quick identification and efficient resolution of issues
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to effectively prioritize initiatives to meet expectations, while working on concurrent project requests
- Expertise in Tableau or similar BI technology (Power BI, Cognos, etc.)
- Exposure to SQL Server and Public cloud (AWS / Azure)
- Ability to lead design workshops and architect solutions with both business as well as technical teams
- Superior skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ability to learn software packages quickly
- Ability to travel up to 30%
You have room to grow at TCF. We promote from within whenever possible. You can expand your career in the financial services industry through our network of operations: retail and commercial banking, inventory and equipment financing, and corporate services. Established in 1923, TCF has maintained a strong foundation. TCF has over 340 branches in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Indiana, Arizona and South Dakota, providing retail and commercial banking services. TCF also conducts commercial leasing, indirect auto finance, and equipment finance business in all 50 states, and commercial inventory finance business in all 50 states and Canada. Build a better community with TCF
We are helping make life better in the communities we serve, and we encourage our team members to do so as well. We offer free financial education for teens and adults. Our foundation contributes more than $3 million annually, with preference for organizations where our team members volunteer. We match team members contributions to qualified Organizations and we match volunteers with organizations that need the time and talents our team members can provide. Our Benefits
TCF encourages open employee communications and promotes from within whenever possible. We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for career advancement. For more details on our benefits, click on the Employee Benefits link on our career page. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. TCF is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation. Primary Location:
USA-Illinois-Schaumburg-Us-Il-Schaumburg- 1475 East Woodfield Rd Work Locations: Organization:
TCF Financial Corporation