Director, Documentation,Inventory, Finance And Insurance Industry
Director, Onboarding and Documentation - Inventory Finance The Director of Onboarding & Documentation
will be a highly motivated team player, with demonstrated management and leadership experience in providing an excellent customer experience while onboarding the customer and obtaining error free secured lending documentation in both the US and Canada. The director will build strong cross-functional teams that continuously collaborate to improve the customers experience balanced with risk mitigation to ensure compliance with TCF policies and procedures and with applicable laws and regulations. The director will create operating standards, drive process and systems optimization initiatives, share best practices, and resolve day-to-day issues with a team of onboarding and documentation specialists in the US and Canada.The role serves as an excellent opportunity to build a management career within the dynamic inventory finance industry. Major Areas of Accountability:
- Lead the customer onboarding team to collaborate and maintain enthusiasm throughout the customer onboarding and documentation process by making the process as efficient as possible for the dealers, distributors, and manufacturers.
- Communicate boarding progress with manufacturer leadership teams by leveraging visual dashboards and engage them to drive responsiveness from the dealers when appropriate.
- Ensure teams have a solid understanding of core key lending documents and their purpose, in both US and Canada (including Quebec).
- Lead the documentation team to ensure accurate and timely execution of security filings.
- Evaluate and identify systems and processes to simplify inputs and data procured from numerous systems with the goal of reducing error rates which will help avoid duplicate work.
- Work with Legal and Compliance teams to ensure compliance with TCF policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations.
- Develop and clearly document standard operating procedures and process maps for key activities performed by the onboarding and documentation teams.
- Develop a suite of metrics and dashboards to enable monitoring of onboarding and documentation efficiency, identification of errors, and error rates in documentation.
- Identify, analyze, improve and prioritize process changes which will improve onboarding and documentation times and effectiveness including automation of loan documents and e-signature.
- Design and monitor productivity metrics across teams to enable process capacity analysis and drive efficiency; leverage technology and analytics to continuously enhance productivity; address process gaps, organizational structure, and staffing levels as appropriate.
- Build strong relationships with leaders in Sales, Legal, Credit, Compliance, IT, and Finance to ensure TCF practices remain current and comply with all current policies and procedures.
Preferred Work Experience
- Four-year college degree with emphasis in business, finance, or accounting or equivalent work experience; MBA or related advanced degree preferred.
- 10 or more years experience with secured lending documentation, purchase money and non-PMSI security priority, with a focus on form documents in a flow portfolio.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully identifying, analyzing, and improving existing business processes using a LEAN / Six Sigma approach.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to comprehend customer needs and determine optimum solutions with internal functions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, the ability to document procedures and processes clearly and the ability to negotiate with both external and internal customers deploying change management practices.
- Sound understanding of legal issues associated with loan documentation and security of collateral in the US and Canada.
- Working knowledge of current Know Your Customer and Bank Secrecy laws.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to think ahead and accomplish goals without intervention from others
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
- Effective in problem solving and ability to resolve complex problems.Ability to manage and motivate a large team in a production environment; providing training and progressive career development.
Build your career with TCF
- 5 or more years experience in inventory finance business.3 or more years experience with loan documentation in Canada.
- Prior experience in automation of documentation, e-signature and other processes.
You have room to grow at TCF. We promote from within whenever possible. You can expand your career in the financial services industry through our network of operations: retail and commercial banking, inventory and equipment financing, and corporate services. Established in 1923, TCF has maintained a strong foundation. TCF has over 340 branches in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Wisconsin, Indiana, Arizona and South Dakota, providing retail and commercial banking services. TCF also conducts commercial leasing, indirect auto finance, and equipment finance business in all 50 states, and commercial inventory finance business in all 50 states and Canada. Build a better community with TCF
We are helping make life better in the communities we serve, and we encourage our team members to do so as well. We offer free financial education for teens and adults. Our foundation contributes more than $3 million annually, with preference for organizations where our team members volunteer. We match team members contributions to qualifiedOrganizations and we match volunteers with organizations that need the time and talents our team members can provide. Our Benefits
TCF encourages open employee communications and promotes from within whenever possible. We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for career advancement. For more details on our benefits, click on the Employee Benefits link on our career page. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. TCF is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation. #GD Primary Location:
USA-Illinois-Schaumburg-Us-Il-Schaumburg- 1475 East Woodfield Rd Work Locations: Organization:
TCF Financial Corporation