- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- John H. Boner Community Center Inc
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
The Assistant Controller performs accounting and administrative support to the John H. Boner Community Center while working under the immediate supervision of the Controller. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 4 to 6 years of experience in public accounting and/or a not-for-profit environment. The successful candidate must have strong analytical skills and be able to handle multiple duties and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist the Controller with the automated accounting network to ensure timely and accurate preparation of financial statements, payroll checks, accounts receivable and accounts payable, accurate adjusting journal entries and proper allocation of certain income and expenses to appropriate departments.
- Assist Program Directors with financial management of their Cost Centers. Helps identify problem areas in Center financial management and assist in development of resolutions.
- Ensure compliance with the Centers internal control system and fiscal policies and procedures.
- Prepare/enter monthly journal entries.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and analysis.
- Perform accounts receivable and payable data entry and analysis.
- Assist with audits.
- Assist the Controller in the preparation of the Center budget, assisting Program Directors with budget preparation.
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Provides technical assistance to Center staff relative to financial matters.
- Assist with any cost allocation, including but not limited to, data entry and account analysis.
- Maintenance of accounts payable and accounts receivable files for multiple entities.
- Serve as a backup for the processing of payroll.
- Perform miscellaneous supportive and administrative duties for the accounting department.
- Assist the Controller in the direction of the accounting staff.
The preceding essential function statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of tasks and functions for this position. Other tasks and functions may be assigned as needed to fulfill the mission of the organization.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance or related area.
- Four (4) to six (6) years of experience in public accounting and/or a not-for-profit environment.
- Experienced in fund accounting and grants reporting.
- Experienced in not-for-profit accounting standards, policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with Abila MIP Fund Accounting software is a plus.
- Ability to manage work flow in a fast past paced environment.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job code: AC