Analyst, Fixed Income, Stable Value
- Not Specified
- Louisville, KY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Nov 18
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
Position will manage and oversee the evaluation and approval process of the asset management firms currently used within our Stable Value client portfolios and additional managers contemplated by new or existing Stable Value clients. Position will also manage and support manager relationships including ongoing oversight, legal and compliance coordination, and coordination of information needs that will support stable value portfolio management and client reporting needs.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Coordinate the review and analysis of asset managers including the presentation of those managers to senior management, clients and consultants
- Overseeing the manager evaluation process, including suggesting and discussing modifications to the process and implementing such modifications.
- Gathering and analyzing data provided by the investment manager, fund custodian or internal systems to formulate conclusions on investment performance, attribution analysis, correlation of investment strategy, appropriateness of use, etc.
- Understanding and facilitating the collection of data required for the evaluation process.
- Interpreting financial data on price, yield, stability, future investment-risk trends, economic influences, and other factors affecting investment strategies and programs.
- Drawing conclusions by analyzing investment data, business forecasts, industry outlooks, and economic conditions which includes evaluating and comparing the relative quality of various strategies.
- Producing, evaluating and explaining charts, graphs and other presentations to illustrate technical details. Must be able to draw conclusions from that data and present research, data and conclusions to senior management and clients.
- Writing effective and efficient commentary is required. Such commentary will describe the investment strategy taken by managers, attribution of performance, and current portfolio positioning.
- Monitoring fundamental economic, industrial, financial and corporate developments as well as developing trends in these and other financial markets.
- Developing and maintaining a good working rapport with external managers, IFI investment teams, senior management, Invesco Trust Company and other vendors and co-workers.
- Support of compliance and legal teams related to use of external subadvisers
- Position may include the supervision of other analyst staff members. Position will include traveling for manager and client due diligence visits including coordinating others involved in this process.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- 3-5 years of experience in portfolio management or other investment related function
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Proven experience as a financial analyst.
- Ability to effectively analyze, interpret and present data.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of investment theory and its implementation. Full comprehension of the financial markets and the influences those may have on the various investment strategies.
- Able to understand performance, attribution as well as composite calculation and communicate performance drivers in precise and succinct manner.
- Strong writing skills to support ongoing commentary and client servicing needs
- Sound judgment and ability to analyze data, information and market situations.
- Must be able to prioritize work and be well organized.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Outstanding communication skills with all levels of internal and external counterparts
- Effective communicator, coordinator and thought-partner; comfortable and effective partnering with senior level executive team and external parties with experience presenting market commentary
- Must build collaborative and cooperative working relationships with your Stable Value team members, cross functional team members, clients, vendors, Invesco Trust Company counterparts and other colleagues around the organization and Stable Value market.
- Must be multi-task oriented, with the ability to coordinate projects and effectively manage your time and the time of staff members.
- Must be able to delegate effectively and manage staff competently to ensure workflow is efficiently managed and deadlines are met.
- Must be an effective team member, with the ability to work successfully with both internal and external clients.
- Must have good working knowledge of the following
- -Spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel
- -Experience with Bloomberg and Aladdin preferred
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Preferred candidates will have an MBA, relevant Masters Degree, or CFA designation
- Other designations are helpful
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment. LI-mt1