☰ Portfolio Reporting Accountant New B51011 - Fund Administration 2 days ago Post Date Apply for Job Recommend to a Friend Sign Up for Job Alerts
This individual will prepare and analyze financial statements, investment portfolios and footnote disclosures for inclusion in the annual and semi-annual Shareholder Reports. Responsibilities include preparing both retail and non-retail Putnam products, regulatory filings (prospectus, quarterly portfolios, NSARs, Form 5500s and proxies.)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Portfolio Reporting Accountant must ensure: capital balances roll from prior year, comparing prior and current year expenses for reasonableness; calculate and analyze the financial highlights and expense/income ratios to make sure they are in line with the 12b-1 fee break points; review performance calculations to ensure they are based on appropriate NAVs and distributions; check each portfolio listing for accurate legal descriptions and make sure all appropriate SEC disclosure are noted; prepare financial statement footnotes in accordance with industry standards.
- The Portfolio Reporting Accountant will also be exposed to and responsible for completing alternative Putnam products including but not limited to Hedge Funds, 529 College Savings Plans, Institutional Trusts and IFRS Funds.
- The Portfolio Reporting Accountant must stay up to date with GAAP /IFRS audit standards, N-1A and NSAR rules as well as continue strong working relationships with our legal contacts so that all SEC filing deadlines are met with accurate information.
- Act as a liaison between internal customer/suppliers and external audit firms. Work closely with the legal, performance information team, fund accounting at SSB, custody, tax and shareholder editorial communication departments internally at Putnam.. Develop and maintain strong relationships with outside print vendors and auditors. This requires not only strong communication skills but a broad range of knowledge of all departments within Putnam.
- Attend required training as identified.
MINIMUM PRIOR RELATIVE EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business strongly preferred; 6-12 months relevant work experience required for external candidates. Internal candidates must discuss eligibility to post for position with current supervisor/manager.
ESSENTIAL SKILL SET:
- Understanding of the Financial Services Industry and Portfolio Accounting knowledge
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Proficient PC Skills, especially MS Excel and Word
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent time management skills
At Putnam we are committed to a diverse workforce and take positive steps to ensure equal opportunity in our recruitment process. We also undertake to hire, develop and retain the most talented individuals by valuing the varied skills that you bring.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© Putnam Investments. All rights reserved. 0 0