☰ Middle Office Analyst New B15305 - Accounting and Middle Office Services 2 days ago Post Date Apply for Job Recommend to a Friend Sign Up for Job Alerts
The Middle Office Analyst may be responsible for a number of functions including Domestic Trade Affirmation, Special Payment Orders, Oversight of Bank Loan processing, Client Reporting, and Nightly Hash Total reconciliation. General responsibilities include performing trade affirmation for domestic security trades, assisting brokers and custodian banks with affirmation and trade settlement inquiries, providing support to the Fixed Income and Equity Trading desks and overseeing State Street Bank Loan Services and Markit. More experienced staff will be trained on the End of Day functions which include a nightly hash total reconciliation process and monitoring the end of day trading volume. Team members share the responsibility for vacation coverage of this function performed 2 10:00 pm nightly.
The primary duties and responsibilities are the following:
- Become a proficient user of vendor systems utilized for the management of trade affirmation and bank loan settlements; including Alert, Trade Suite, Oasys, Markit and Clearpar.
- Ensure 90% trade date affirmation and 95% on T+1 trades.
- Prioritize the research and resolution of high risk same day cash trades.
- Oversee State Street and Markit on bank loan trade allocations, settlements, reporting, and principle/ interest payments. Partnering with Ropes & Gray on the coordination of complex distressed deals and the restructuring of syndicated loans.
- Assist with monitoring end of day trading and perform the nightly hash total reconciliation.
- Work as a liaison for the FI, Equity and Money Market trading desks by researching and responding to their trade inquires and other business questions that they might have.
- Liaise with counterparties, Institutional Clients, Investment Management, Accounting, Reporting, Legal, Compliance, and IT teams to facilitate the launch of new products, security types and/or Institutional Client Accounts.
- Foster a strong team work environment. In addition to daily affirmation related responsibilities, the analyst may be asked to cross train on other various Middle Office Services functions to diversify their knowledge and skill sets.
- Bachelors degree in business, accounting or finance required.
At Putnam we are committed to a diverse workforce and take positive steps to ensure equal opportunity in our recruitment process. We also undertake to hire, develop and retain the most talented individuals by valuing the varied skills that you bring.
- Ideal candidates are organized, detailed oriented and able to perform well in a time sensitive environment.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© Putnam Investments. All rights reserved. 0 0