AIS Business Integration, Assistant Vice President
This position supports the Private Markets Business Units (PERA & Hedge) within State Street's Alternative Investment Solutions Division (AIS) through the participation in new business onboarding which is related to the advancement of the risk and compliance agenda for AIS. Working with the Chief Administrative Office team (CAO) within AIS, the incumbent is responsible for supporting client teams in all locations servicing private equity and real estate funds. Responsibilities:
As a member of the AIS Business Integration team, the Business Integration AVP facilitates the implementation of new funds onto the STT or AIS platforms. This role has overall responsibility for leading customer (i.e., fund/entity) launches through the overall onboarding process. This process includes but is not limited to AML/KYC, Risk Ratings and overseeing the client level contractual and fee agreement process. The AVP has ultimate accountability for the completion of the tasks related to new business onboarding policies and procedures in accordance to established deadlines. They will liaise with internal sub-service organizations (i.e., Risk, legal, relationship management, service teams etc.), and serve as a matter expert in onboarding. Responsible for satisfying business needs, identifying key issues with processes and taking a broad perspective to problem resolution. As part of the CAO team the incumbent has specific responsibilities in critical business functions. Business Integration Team:
- Manage and oversee the onboarding of numerous customers (fund/entity) from notification to contract execution
- Facilitate the collection and processing of all related information and documentation required to onboard a new customer (fund/entity) onto State Street's platforms.
- Develop strong relationship with specific clients; act as point of contact for onboarding related tasks/questions
- Works closely with business/deal initiator as it relates to the launch of new funds
- Review entity constitutive documents (formation/incorporation documents; Offering Memorandum; Partnership Agreements, Contractual/Fee Agreements, etc.) to obtain all relevant information for establishment of entities on the respective systems.
- Coordinates overall project communications, risks, and issues resolution.
- Coordinates communication with applicable parties; Client, Relationship Manager, deal team and Business leads concerning the onboarding status and issues.
- Clearly communicates both verbally and in written format.
- Escalate to all stakeholders to ensure timely onboarding of new entities.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact of problems across the organization and facilitates a collaborative solution
- The optimal candidate should be diligent, meticulous, process-oriented, and well-spoken with the ability to talk to multiple levels within both the State Street organization and the client organization.
- Equivalent to a degree in Business, Accounting, compliance or related field
- 6-8 years financial services experience
- Proven client service experience
- Knowledge of AML/KYC policies a plus
- Proven project management experience within financial services or compliance field
- Demonstrated negotiation, managerial and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated commitment, reliability and performance at the Manager level or equivalent.
- Proven track record in applying company internal controls and policies
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships within and outside of the organization
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills
- Organized, highly motivated, and detail oriented
- Meet all requirements for performance planning process including goal setting and self-evaluations
- Participate in required and optional training