Alpha Implementation Manager - Vice President
Who we are looking for
State Street's Alpha Services Strategy, Solutioning and Implementation Team is seeking a qualified Client Implementation Manager, VP for the industry's first ever front to back client servicing platform. This leader will focus on driving end-to-end integration and interoperability for our Alpha clients focused on the post trade lifecycle of complex instrument types such as derivatives, bank loans and collateral management. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
The Alpha Client Implementation Manager will be responsible for overseeing client due diligence, driving client solution design, transactional flows, operational processes and business system functionality with a focus on the post trade lifecycle of complex instruments. Managing the implementation and onboarding plan, project timelines, conversion approach and post-go-live efforts for several simultaneous client implementations.
The successful candidate will also define the long term business strategy for complex instruments such as OTC derivatives and bank loans, ensuring solutions developed for our Alpha Front to Back Platform meets the customer's and State Street business requirements, in alignment with the Alpha Strategy.
What we value
- Drive the delivery of cross-operations, high priority transaction management implementations and development projects across all typical project phases
- Build and manage strong relationships with project sponsors and stakeholders in Operations, Technology and the business units that focus on complex asset types, understanding competing priorities across these groups
- Identify opportunities to align complex asset processes and workflows with other asset classes or standardized flows
- Work with external clients and portfolio managers to configure the Alpha platform for client-specific workflows
- Project initiation and scoping- including plan definition and managing realistic expectations for successful delivery with project stakeholders
- Manage business analysis and requirements definition
- Support ongoing project management- including progress monitoring, reporting and quality assurance throughout the project
- Understand the firm's strategic plans, business, process and architecture in order to influence design and develop solutions.
- Work with our Operations business units that focus solely on complex instruments to assess and streamline processes in order to mitigate risk, cost or service issues and generate efficiencies
- Collaborate with other teams to share approaches, develop best practices and improve team capabilities to successfully migrate clients
- Support the full client onboarding lifecycle including enhancements, interim and end state workflows through successful business and client acceptance testing
- Become a product and platform Subject Matter Expert on State Street's Front-to-back platform that supports the post trade lifecycle
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Proven ability to work effectively with executive management
- Strong communication, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to influence change and work collaboratively across multiple organizations to reach common goals
- Demonstrate excellent process and project management skills
- Proven history solving complex client use cases with effective business and technology solutions
About State Street What we do.
- 15+ years of industry experience with front, middle, and back office integration, functionality, and electronic trading platforms (i.e. Bloomberg PORT, CRD, BRS Aladdin, SimCorp Dimension, Fidessa Minerva, Eze Software, BBH Infomediary etc.)
- Strong Industry and work experience with the middle and back office servicing of complex derivative and bank loan instruments
- Strong knowledge of existing State Street organizational constructs and teams preferred, in addition to deep understanding of middle and back office systems, functions and services supported at State Street
- Strong understanding of transaction messaging protocols and formats such as XML, FIX, SWIFT, etc. Working knowledge of FpML is a plus.
- Experience with collateral management practices and processes
- Strong understanding of how data models underpin front, middle and back office processing for complex assets
- Expertise in MS Office including MS Visio, Project and PowerPoint
- SQL/database query skills a plus
- Competency in SDLC & Agile Methodology and tools (i.e. JIRA, Rally, RTC)
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Engineering
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers