Analyst II, Manager Research
Across a specific asset class (Equity, Fixed Income, Alternatives, Real Assets, etc), the Analyst will be responsible for managing relationships with investment managers; evaluating and recommending new external managers; creating risk and asset class guidelines for external managers; mentor and provide guidance to the less senior members of the Manager Research team, and help to commercialize the manager research function by representing the capabilities of the team at client meetings and new business pitches. Bachelor's Degree. Advanced Degree preferred. Investment experience consistent with 5+ years of related experience, typically gained through direct portfolio management responsibility and/or providing similar consultative support. Experienced analyst capable of complex analyses; strong knowledge of capital markets and investment trends. Experience working with a wide variety of clients. Consulting, asset owner and bank platform backgrounds preferred, with experience in, and ability to, create and implement asset class structure reviews. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 4 years in direct investment manager research experience with an emphasis in fixed income
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of investment strategies and capital markets.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Sound judgment, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Proactive learner with strong intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to work both collaboratively as a team member and independently.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple tasks; flexible and self-motivated.
- Resourcefulness/problem solving abilities
- Technological savvy; computer proficiency with Morningstar Direct, Microsoft Office
Other Preferred Qualifications:
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Master's Degree and/or CFA Charter preferred
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Massachusetts-Boston Internal Jobcode:
Wealth Management Organization:
WM Investments-HR13350 Requisition Number: