Global link, a division of State Street Global Markets, is a leader in providing electronic trading platforms for multiple asset classes. Our platforms are used by 19 of the top 20 largest asset managers to execute trades, as well as manage post trade settlement processes.
The Application Development/Maintenance will be developing enhancements to our industry leading Foreign Exchange Settlement, Reporting and Entitlement Systems. These systems serve our customers around the globe and are available 6x24. They enable trading partners on our platforms to make smart trading decisions, settle large currency/derivatives trades as well as provide analytics and data services.
Specific duties of the position include:
- Developing technical enhancements for the Billing and Regulatory Reporting systems of Globallink's suite of Trading and Settlement products as well as provide analytics and data services;
- Developing server-side Java code for web applications in an Enterprise environment, utilizing popular J2EE application servers such as WebSphere, Tomcat;
- Strong knowledge of SQL, PLSQL, and ORM tools like Hibernate;
- Experience Utilizing Reporting tools such as Jasper/MicroStrategy
- Experience Designing databases, ETL and Data warehouses and Big Data/Hadoop systems.
- Experience on designing and building ETL warehousing using talend
- Experience utilizing JMS MOM systems like rabbit MQ/Sonic MQ/ Active MQ
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB or Couchbase.
Education and experience requirement(s) :
- Bachelor's or its equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field; and
- 5 years of experience developing financial technology
Alternate education and experience requirement(s) (if applicable) :
Special skills, knowledge, or certification and/or licensure required for position (not preferred) :
- Demonstrated experience developing server-side Java code for a web application in an Enterprise environment utilizing a popular J2EE application server including Websphere, Tomcat
- Demonstrated experience with database development using Oracle, Postgress including SQL, PLSQL, and ORM tools like Hibernate or ibatis
- Demonstrated experience Reporting tools such as Jasper/Microstrategy
- Demonstrated experience in Database, ETL and Data warehouse design with Big Data/Hadoop Systems
- Proven working knowledge of Spring, JMS, JTA, multi-threading, secure coding principles and web security concerns, web services, data structures and algorithms, and Enterprise Service Bus
- Demonstrated experience working with Oracle CDC, Tick Databases such as InfluxDB, TimeScaleDB
- Demonstrated experience with Caching technologies such as Redis, Hazelcast and also BI Cache layers such as Kyvos, Datameer
- Experience with Data governance tools like AtScale, Cloudera SDX preferred.
- Experience working with container-based deployment using Docker, Kubernetes preferred.
- Experience with build tools like ANT/Maven and container based tools like Docker.
- Experience with Excel and java POI API