Application Development Consultant (AVP)
Who we are looking for
The Application Development Consultant is a hands-on software development position with the Foreign Exchange Order Management System development team in State Street Global Markets. The candidate will provide technical leadership and co-ordinate work effort with other teams. Scope of work involves developing high volume transactional systems and building integration solutions across heterogeneous platforms. Candidate will work closely with business users, Development, QA and Infrastructure teams. The position is located in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As the Application Development Consultant you will
What we value
- Provide technical leadership and coordinate work effort with other teams
- Develop high volume transactional systems
- Build integration solutions across heterogeneous platforms
- Work closely with business users and Development, Quality Assurance, and Infrastructure teams
- Design highly available distributed systems by leveraging your experience in Java programming and design
- Recieve and analyze requirements and propose suitable solutions that adhere to the team's methodology
- Deliver successfully within an Agile environment as well as demonstrate the flexibility and adaptability to operate successfully in such an environment
- Communicate with all parties involved including senior management, developers, architects, and end users, who may be based in different locations and time zones
- Coordinate the work of a small team of developers, potentially in different locations and time zones
- Take ownership of small to medium projects and run them from inception to completion
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Core Java / J2EE
- Linux/bash scripting
- Messaging frameworks including JMS, MQ, and Active MQ
- Relational database (Oracle)
- Development and build tools (git, subversion. TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to receive and analyze requirements
- Knowledge of Foreign Exchange pricing system and Order Management system
- Excellent communications, organization, and interpersonal planning skills
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle for Iterative, Agile, and traditional approaches
- Experience with release management and an understanding of architectural schematics
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- No specific number of years of experience required
About State Street What we do.
- Experience in Financial Services or Foreign Exchange highly preferred
- Experience working with remote offshore teams based in India or China would be helpful
- Experience with Cassandra and Ignite would be a big plus
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers