Asset Management Technology Head Of Architecture
Lead the technology architecture function by managing a team of senior level technology professionals, define and steward the functional, data and technical architecture strategy, ensuring alignment with the overall technology and business strategies.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor when considering your next career. Flexible work arrangements can be discussed through the interview process. If you are not located close to a physical office, remote work is considered for qualified candidates. Responsibilities
Define, Govern, and Promote
Lead strategic technology planning to achieve business goals by defining blueprints, frameworks & design patterns, implementation approaches and recommendations. Assess how existing and emerging technologies impact the firm, both from a potential business-value perspective, as well as risk, cost, and architecture viewpoint.
Ensure tight alignment with the priorities and strategies established by the executive leadership team. Manage the architecture road map, to include on-going strategy assessment (current versus future state), and maintenance plans.
Lead the development of policies, technical standards, methodologies, and operational priorities that are used to guide and direct organization-wide technology activities from Enterprise Architecture, to project architecture, down into the engineering practices across development teams.
Actively communicate and promote the technology architectural and engineering strategy.
Ensure appropriate technology governance and controls are in place and operating across the architecture organization. Proactively influence architecture implementation plans through the review process when considering investments and technical reuse.
Identify, build, and support common technology components to enable development teams to leverage prebuilt software infrastructure, improving delivery velocity and consistency.
Build and continually develop an effective technology architecture organization with appropriate skills and direction to satisfy current and future business needs, including: organizational structure, recruitment of staff, performance management, salary administration, career planning, budget management, evaluating annual employee satisfaction survey results and driving appropriate action.
Build and foster excellent working relationships with development teams and wider enterprise functions. Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field; or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of software development experience (architecture or development), that includes 5 or more years as a senior level architect.
- 3+ years' experience of developing and fostering adoption of enterprise strategies, roadmaps and standards under a CIO or similar leader.
- Experience building and supporting software components that are used by multiple internal development teams across the enterprise.
- Confident dealing with senior stakeholders across front-office, operations and technology and operating in a matrixed environment.
- Commercial and outcome-oriented mindset. Ability to balance strategic vision and tactical execution in addition to uniting broad technical, business, and political viewpoints.
- Experience directing and leading highly skilled technology teams - "guides over governing".
- Complete understanding of enterprise application architecture requirements (e.g. performance, scalability, reusability, security).
- Proven experience within large-scale financial services organizations.
- Certifications: TOGAF, AWS.
- Deep technical knowledge of a variety of development languages/frameworks, middleware, and operating systems; including experience in the AWS stack, data lakes, cloud native application development, and DevSecOps.
- Asset Management domain and product knowledge.