Analyst/Associate (2021 Start) at Charles River Associates
Multiple North American Locations
Who is Charles River Associates?
Charles River Associates® is a leading global consulting firm specializing in economic, financial, and management consulting services. CRA advises clients on economic and financial matters pertaining to litigation and regulatory proceedings, and guides corporations through critical business strategy and performance-related issues. Since 1965, clients have engaged CRA for its unique combination of functional expertise and industry knowledge, and for its objective solutions to complex problems.
For more information on each practice, please click on the practice title below to learn more.
- Candidates who have participated in honors thesis, research apprenticeship, or research seminar programs are strongly encouraged to apply.
Hiring Locations may include Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, New York, NY, Oakland, CA, San Francisco, CA, Summit, NJ, Toronto, ON, and Washington, DC.
What can CRA do for you?
- Learn from and work alongside some of the most respected scholars, specialists, industry experts and regulators in the world. CRA colleagues overseeing your development will often have PhD-level training and/or extensive industry or strategy consulting experience.
- Analysts at CRA follow career paths to senior positions, or springboard from CRA to top graduate programs.
- , including:
- Research and analysis training program focused on technical skills, consulting skills and networking with colleagues
- Quarterly technical training taught by in-house experts and affiliated professors
- On-demand library of technical training workshops
- Presentation skills and management training
- Graduate school coaching and workshops, featuring small group Q&A with top admissions officers
- Mentorship and coaching from an assigned senior staff colleague
- Flexible feedback framework to provide continuous on-the-job feedback
- Leadership roles in recruiting, training, corporate sports teams, and volunteer activities in the local community
- In-house immigration support for foreign nationals and those conducting international business travel
- Tuition reimbursement program to cover training and skill development outside of CRA
- Wellness program to promote health and well-being (e.g. nutrition counselling, financial wellbeing seminars, team fitness competitions)
- Superior benefits package
What can you expect working as a consultant?
CRA consultants are hired into one of our practice areas based on skill set and interest. Your specific responsibilities may include (varies by practice):
- Technical Skills
- Conducting sophisticated economic, financial, and strategic analysis in a project based environment
- Developing familiarity with data that serves as input to this analysis, including company financial reporting, accounting statements, and social and economic survey data as well as non-financial measures of organizational performance
- Programming, model building, and regression analysis in statistical analysis programs (such as Stata, SAS, R, or Python)
- Ensuring reliability of analysis via peer review focused on testing the robustness of results
- Developing familiarity with research tools most relevant for your practice area
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills
- Interacting with clients, by participating in client meetings or gathering data through interview-based research
- Assembling compelling evidence from data and research that support our expert opinions and business recommendations
- Working collaboratively with senior-led teams, including respected scholars and industry experts
What do we look for?
- Seeking students graduating from undergraduate or masters programs
- Curious, analytical, highly-motivated graduates who have majored in economics, finance, mathematics, computer science, accounting, engineering, physical and biological sciences, or another quantitative discipline
- Research experience and quantitative ability
- Economic and financial concepts (practice dependent)
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and take pride and ownership in their work
- Ability to use data to solve client problems
- Work collaboratively with a team
- Clear and demonstrated interest in your preferred practice area, observable in coursework, work experience, or other activities
- Effectively manage your time and prioritize tasks
Check out our Analyst’s blogs about and how you can make an !
Interested in applying?
To be considered for a position in North America, we require the following by November 30th, 2020:
- Cover letter – please describe your interest in CRA and how the analyst role matches your goals. Also, please note if you have interest in a particular practice and/or a location preference.
- Resume – please include current address, email, and telephone number
- Transcript – may be unofficial
Note: Prior to an interview, you may be asked for a interdependently authored writing sample that illustrates your technical skills. If you’d like to submit your writing sample now, please choose from your existing work (class, thesis, internship, or work environment) and include the entirety of the existing text.
If you are interested in applying for one of our international locations, please click to view and apply for available jobs.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.