Balance Sheet Consultant, Assistant Vice President
Global Treasury manages the balance sheet of State Street seeking to optimize net interest income (NII) within our risk appetite. Global Treasury's core functions include managing the investment portfolio, asset-liability management, liquidity management, funding and liability management, capital management, and rating agency relationships. Global Treasury is a key business partner for all client-facing business units, sales teams and relationship managers.
The Balance Sheet Management team is responsible for analyzing and recommending strategic alternatives for the Corporation's balance sheet such as altering funding structures, adding new asset classes, and altering risk profile, while balancing regulatory and internal risk appetite constraints. Additional responsibilities include management of deposit pricing strategy, leading the calculation methodology for Funds Transfer Pricing and Return on Capital / returns optimization, and the management of balance sheet allocation limits across the company. The group collaborates extensively across various Global Treasury disciplines as well as across the organization to achieve these goals. Quantifying the market and regulatory risk of these balance sheet positions is necessary to provide highly valued holistic recommendations to Executive Management which are crucial in generating revenue and return for State Street.
The AVP of Balance Sheet Management will be responsible for providing analytical support to various critical initiatives related to our overall optimization of the balance sheet. These initiatives include regular reviews of our balance sheet strategy, management reporting of balance sheet utilization by business units, and analytical support for the firm's deposit pricing strategy and Funds Transfer Pricing framework.
- Collaborate within a small team focused on balance sheet management initiatives while regularly engaging the support of colleagues throughout the organization
- Provide analytical support for the execution of critical balance sheet strategy areas, including deposit pricing strategy, balance sheet optimization and allocation via limits, Funds Transfer Pricing methodology and regulatory policy initiatives
- Partner with Global Services and Operations to drive deposit strategy and client exception pricing requests through data analysis and operational support
- Build financial models within Excel to support deposit strategy and overall balance sheet analysis
- Create PowerPoint presentations for senior audiences on Global Treasury priorities, financial performance and status of key initiatives
- Work closely with managers to understand the business
- Cultivate relevant subject matter expertise on treasury, balance sheet and regulatory management
- 5+ years' experience working in the financial services sector; Treasury experience and content knowledge is preferred
- Demonstrated success at collaborating and building relationships across teams and functions as well as working independently
- Knowledge of capital, liquidity and interest rate regulation and metrics preferred
- Proven ability to solve problems, improve existing processes and increase efficiency
- Strong quantitative skills with the capacity to analyze data in a critical manner
- Ability to quickly grasp relevant new concepts in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Careful attention to detail with focus on accuracy and timeliness
- Advanced level of Excel experience and knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create and present concise PowerPoint slides
- Individual should possess a foundation of understanding in corporate finance and bank regulatory matters