Brand Content Strategist, Assistant Vice President
Be part of a collaborative team that is driving high impact advertising, brand marketing, and external and internal communications programs for State Street Global Advisors - the asset management division of State Street, the third largest asset manager and creator of the world's first ETFs.
In this role, you will play an integral role in helping to drive adoption of a new brand strategy across the organization by crafting and refining our brand voice across platforms including web, social media, advertising, sales materials and key corporate assets. You will have an expertise in copywriting and an interest in helping companies tell their story.
In joining State Street Global Advisors, you will be part of a marketing team whose work was the winner of 18 Cannes Lions (including four Grand Prix) for advertising creativity, a record five Grand Clios and the Financial Communications Society's Judges' Choice award two years in a row. Primary Responsibilities
Required Skills or Certifications
- In collaboration with the Brand and Creative teams you will own the development, evolution and adoption of an authentic brand voice and content strategy.
- Define standards and create guidelines to help ensure alignment across channels, globally; Develop training modules for the firm.
- Invent messaging and content experiences for our clients that build our brand.
- In partnership with the Creative and Marketing teams, write copy for brand-level messaging including Ads, Events, Global Homepages, etc.
- Work with Content teams to write and edit titles and headlines for feature publications and campaigns.
- Under the guidance of the Brand team, define the brand architecture and taxonomy for the organization.
- Manage the use of external copywriters; track budget.
About State Street Global Advisors
- Bachelor's degree in Creative Writing, Marketing, English or Communications with 5 - 10 years of experience in copywriting, brand strategy and/or content strategy.
- Excellent writer with meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly organized with strong verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding project management skills; ability to multi-task and track a variety of deliverables and deadlines.
- Comfortable critiquing and discussing your own work and the work of others.
- Experience working with Design teams and agencies.
- Excellent knowledge of all MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Financial services knowledge or experience is a plus.
For four decades, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become the world's third largest asset manager with US $2.72 trillion* under our care.
*AUM reflects approximately $32.9 billion (as of June 30, 2018), with respect to which State Street Global Advisors Funds Distributors, LLC (SSGA FD) serves as marketing agent; SSGA FD and State Street Global Advisors are affiliated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.