Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The primary focus of the IPFS Business Analyst role is to provide analytical leverage for the Business Team, support data governance, provide project management support, and act as a point of contact for inquiries from the product and fund teams. The opportunity to learn about the asset management business through multiple lenses - client, investor, product, operations, technology - is vast for an early career professional looking to explore career paths that the asset management industry has to offer. RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Integrity of product and fund related data critical to the smooth operation of the platform
- Development of ad hoc analyses to support business decision making
- Support of strategic initiatives by conducting research, collecting and organizing data, developing meeting materials, and project tracking
- Ownership of tactical projects and/or ad hoc questions to address defined problems or opportunities
- Creation of presentation materials for department and firm-wide committee meetings
- Maintenance of knowledge management and collaboration tools critical to department communications such as Microsoft Team, OneNote, and SharePoint
- Ongoing tracking of progress toward goals associated with the Business Team's priorities and initiatives
Success in the role requires a positive, collegial attitude, curiosity and a passion for learning, willingness to receive and integrate feedback, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with tight deadlines.
We are seeking candidates who display the following characteristics:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Demonstrated analytical skills including the ability to organize and synthesize data to reach conclusions
- Strong technical proficiency; comfort with tools such as Salesforce, Excel, Tableau, OneNote, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong attention to detail and a willingness to raise issues and identify solutions
- Proactive with an ability to work both independently and in collaboration with a global team
- Interpersonal and communication skills; willingness to contribute ideas to the team's ongoing dialogue
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience
- Progress towards the CFA charter is a plus
- Computer programming skills and familiarity with the firm's data infrastructure are not necessary but will be viewed positively
Business Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .