Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
Our global investment platform is comprised of over 500 investment professionals across six investment functions (Alternatives, Boutiques, Privates, Research, Science, and Strategy) in seven locations (Boston, Hong Kong, London, Radnor, San Francisco, Singapore, and Tokyo).
Within the investment platform, we are seeking a Business Analyst to partner with our Investment Boutiques team. The Analyst will be a member of the Investment Platform Business Management team, part of the group residing at the intersection of the investment functions. The group is building shared 'Centers of Excellence' to benefit all investment groups, drive integration across the platform, take a long-term view, and ensure the platform is flexible and adaptable to changing client needs and market conditions. Located in Boston, the Analyst will report to the Director, Investment Platform Business Management.
The following essential skills are required for the role:
- Analytical approach to problem solving - The Analyst will serve an important role in providing the tools and framework needed to assess performance and investment skill. The ability to creatively develop new ways to track, analyze and understand the drivers of business success is required, along with the ability to put processes in place to support the ongoing production of insightful business intelligence tools. An ability to aggregate and synthesize timely and accurate data from multiple sources to drive insights is key. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong attention to detail with an ability to quickly spot and diagnose errors in work done by others in evaluating the skill and impact of our investors through data and analytics. Proficiency in Tableau is required.
- Superior collaboration and influencing skills - The successful candidate will enjoy contributing to a highly collaborative environment. The Analyst will build strong trusting relationships internally with colleagues across not only the investment platform, but also business partners in IT, Product Management, Human Resources, Finance and Portfolio Services. The ability to provide a point of view and challenge the status quo is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others; s/he must recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to clearly communicate (both verbally and in writing), integrate numerous viewpoints, and mobilize/influence across all levels of the organization is critical.
- Growth mindset - The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as a business analyst. The ideal candidate will have a global perspective and creative approach for thinking about innovation and the evolution of investment and business analytics within the broader asset management industry.
Areas of responsibility will include but are not limited to:
- Create, improve, and organize meaningful and timely management reporting to provide insight into the key drivers of our business success
- Analyze investment performance results and attribution to understand the drivers of investment performance and to evaluate the skill and impact of our investment professionals
- Perform various analyses to assist with complex strategic, transformational and growth initiatives
- Provide tactical support to the Investment Boutiques team, including project management support, analysis of new business opportunities, and managing certain processes and regular meetings
- Leverage an understanding of the investment process in order to marshal the right resources to allow our investors to exceed the performance expectations of our clients most efficiently and effectively
- Proactively improve processes and data flow across the investment platform; and
- Assist with the year-end performance evaluation and peer review process.
Additional qualifications and characteristics include:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in a technical role, ideally working within financial or business services
- Hands-on technical ability, including coding proficiency in languages and data visualization tools including, but not limited to, Tableau, Python, R, and SQL
- An understanding of global capital markets and a keen interest in understanding the investment process
- Superior organizational skills with a results orientation. The ability to manage, prioritize and complete multiple projects simultaneously is necessary
- Ability to navigate stressful situations with poise; focused on being a calming presence, active listener, and pragmatic problem solver
- Excellent business writing and Excel skills are required; and
- Strong academic credentials; a Bachelor's degree is required.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .