Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
The Business Associate (BA) Program is an exciting pathway into our firm for graduating, undergraduate Bachelor's students who are interested in the variety of career opportunities available in the investment management industry. This three-year, Boston based program will help you gain insight into our industry, firm and culture, as well as, knowledge of the many different business divisions that support our investment functions.
During the first 1.5 years in the program, you will be developing your business and technical skillset all while assimilating into the firm, your first job and our culture. The second 1.5 years, you will be discovering your long-term fit here at the firm and will be placed into positions across the firm that are complementary to your skills, interests, and business needs. BAs have successfully transitioned into roles on their current BA teams, onto other teams in the firm and into other offices (here in the US and across the globe.)
Investment Product and Fund Strategies - Alternatives & Multi-Strategy Product Management
Product Management works closely with our investment teams, relationship teams, and business colleagues across the firm to support our clients' investment needs and drive business retention and growth. There are three Product Management teams - Equity, Fixed Income, and Alternatives & Multi-Strategy. The key areas of focus for these teams include product marketing and representation, investment integrity and risk management, and product book of business management. Product management teams contribute to client growth and retention by assessing business opportunities and leading business planning, developing new products and investment solutions, creating the communication strategy, including materials that differentiate the product relative to competitors and acting as a subject matter expert and portfolio representative for colleagues, clients and consultants.
As a Business Associate, you will be assigned to work within our Alternatives & Multi-Strategy Product Management team alongside the Investment Specialists and Directors on a wide range of investment-related and business activities to support members of the investment teams and the Client Group. This role is well suited for someone who is seeking to learn about the investment industry broadly and wants to build business management, project management, and analytical skills. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, a hard-worker, team player, and an analytical problem solver with the capacity to leverage systems and technology.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Develop a deep understanding of alternative investment approaches and markets
• Respond to internal and external inquires related to specific investment approaches and markets
• Perform analyses related to portfolio positioning, performance attribution, market trends, competitive positioning, and pricing
• Develop or enhance investment integrity and book of business reporting
• Work with reporting and relationship analysts to prepare investment marketing and client materials, draft portfolio commentary, and respond to prospect RFPs
• Interact with experienced investment teams, including portfolio managers and analysts, to oversee the portfolio and understand positioning, risk and outlook
• Collaborate on the development of client solutions and launch of new investment strategies
• Support projects and cross-functional workflow related to specific business initiatives
- Undergraduates from all majors graduating/graduated with a Bachelor's degree between August 2021 - December 2022
- Demonstrated interest for investment management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated accomplishments in academics
- Proven leadership experience and participation in community service and extracurricular activities
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Highest ethical standards and integrity
- Well organized, ability to multi-task and detail-oriented
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Sharp quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to synthesize information
- Highly motivated self-starter, who knows how to take initiative, and has a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
Application information can be found via the job application page (Wellington.com > Careers > Campus Programs > View Jobs): https://www.wellington.com/en/campus-programs/ For any questions, please email email@example.com .
Qualified candidates must submit the following materials bundled in PDF format:
Application is rolling until we fill the role.
- Résumé, 1 page length
- Statement of interest, 1 page length, indicating: (a) why you are interested in Wellington and (b) why you are interested in this Product Management role
- Unofficial transcript (condensed to a few pages, please don't send >5 pages)
Qualified candidates will be notified of their application status on a on-going basis. If selected to continue, first round phone screens may be scheduled with a Campus Recruiter.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .