Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
The Client Group has an opening for a Business Development Analyst (BDA) on the Americas Institutional team. The BDA will work closely with the team's Business Developers supporting our sales initiatives across Wellington's investment platform. Business Developers work closely with prospects and clients to identify and implement investment solutions to meet their needs. A great deal of preparation goes into every meeting, proposal and product presentation, and BDAs are integral to the process.
BDAs have a broad range of responsibilities including collecting and analyzing prospect, competitor and industry information, participating in client/prospect calls and meetings, and creating comprehensive responses to and materials for presentations, RFPs and other client requests. The BDA also collects information necessary to create and maintain a strong pipeline of prospects, including understanding the latest industry developments and uncovering potential business opportunities. The role requires frequent communication and interaction with Business Developers, Relationship Managers, Wellington Alternative Investments team, Investment Product and Fund Strategies, Legal and Enterprise Risk, Finance, Portfolio Management, and Client Service Management.
The BDA will work closely with the team's Business Developers and Relationship Managers to accomplish the following:
- Develop an understanding of the depth and breadth of Wellington Management's product offerings
- Serve as a contact for prospects/clients and for Wellington Management in this territory
- Prepare briefing package and presentation materials for prospect calls and meetings
- Respond to ad-hoc prospect inquiries and follow-up questions from meetings
- Schedule, coordinate and participate in prospect calls and onsite visits
- Conduct deep analysis on potential client and prospect new business opportunities
- Respond to Requests for Proposal by working with Investment Product and Fund Strategies, the Client Service Management, and other subject matter experts to ensure that each RFP is completed thoroughly
- Maintain an understanding of competitive peer groups and conduct peer analysis, business management and strategy work
- Follow trends in the industry and report findings to the team
- Navigate various internal data systems confidently, using creativity to build reports, source data points, and independently pull together responses to prospect due diligence requests
- Support marketing efforts including managing internal and external materials, working with third party vendors on research initiatives and requests and coordinating webinars, special events and industry conferences.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment requiring focus, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills, excellent judgment, and the ability to learn quickly and manage simultaneous projects
- The job entails extensive written and analytical work, thus proficiency using both Microsoft Excel and Word are required and experience with Salesforce is a plus
- A bachelor's degree with preference given to candidates with progress toward the CAIA designation, CFA designation, MBA or other graduate level degree.
- At least two years prior experience in the investment industry
- A positive attitude, terrific work ethic, very strong attention to detail, and sense of humor are absolutely required.
- Must be self-directed and requires an individual who can work independently under tight time constraints and evolving priorities.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .