Business Risk Manager, Global Markets, Assistant Vice President
State Street's Global Markets (SSGM) business has established a Business Control function that is focused on mitigating risk from within the first line of defense by providing oversight of business risks, central management of control programs and risk governance, establishment of reporting, implementation of corporate programs and business solutions for risks related to information security, privacy, conflicts of interest, ethics, complaints, and fraud. the role
The purpose of the role is to support the State Street Advisors (SSA) business line within Global Markets. A successful candidate will liaise on a regular basis with the Global Markets' business and IT teams, Enterprise Technology Risk Management, Compliance, Audit and Global Technology Services (GTS).
This role provides a unique opportunity to gain exposure to a number of risk disciplines by working across the Global Markets' first line of defense risk team to lead the resolution of issues associated with IT, information security, operational, and regulatory risks, participate in the new integrated risk assessment process, and support corporate projects including implementation of the Archer Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) tool.
A successful candidate will need to take initiative, exercise independent thinking, juggle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. The Business Risk Manager must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and be interested in working in a professional and team-oriented environment. the responsibilities
Primarily supporting the State Street Advisors (SSA) business line, the Global Market's Business Risk Manager will be responsible for improving the control environment and supporting implementation of corporate projects. The role will be expected to understand corporate policies and programs and have the opportunity to work with risk professionals across State Street to leverage existing solutions and share best practices. In addition, this position will help ensure that adequate and effective controls are in place to manage and mitigate technology risks.
The Business Risk Manager will have the following principal duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in the assessment of SSA's risks and the internal control infrastructure including the identification and analysis of controls that are applicable and determination of residual risk
• Assist in the development and enhancement of policies and procedures associated with business risk controls
- Become proficient in the State Street risk and control methodology to assess, manage, and control risk
- Support the development and implementation of a corporate governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) tool to enable the submission, tracking, and reporting of risks and controls, issues, assessments, and regulatory compliance
- Provide advice, guidance, and support regarding Compliance, Operational and Technology risks, control design and effectiveness, and ongoing control monitoring.
• Perform periodic monitoring and controls reviews in order to evaluate business compliance.
• Assist with the execution of key business risk programs, including the Integrated Non-Financial Risk Assessment (INFRA) and Resolution and Recovery Planning (RRP)
• Consult on the development of effective remediation plans to address identified issues and monitor remediation plans through completion and validation.
• Escalate any perceived violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and recommend a course of action.
• As necessary, coordinate First Line of Defense activities with other departments
• Work with Global Technology Services, Compliance, Corporate Information Security, and Enterprise Risk Management to provide feedback on policies and standards, understand best practices, and support SSA compliance to required programs. Preferred Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-8 years business risk and controls and/or audit experience
- Knowledge of risk best practices within the financial services industry,
- Knowledge of SSA and /or Global Markets businesses and applications
- Experience in a global organization a plus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Communication, influencing, and collaboration skills
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Office skills