Business & Data Analyst, Officer
The Business & Data Analyst will execute data operations and business analysis functions supporting digital & web marketing and information publishing initiatives. This includes helping with data operations responsibilities, data monitoring, issue resolution plus defining scope, business requirements, and success criteria. This role will also contribute to project execution, implementation, and testing activities. The individual will collaborate with program stakeholders as well as distributed functional team leaders across data service providers, project management, marketing, business and systems analysis, user experience, technical development, and quality assurance.
The Business & Data Analyst must demonstrate effective communication, technical aptitude and proficiency, problem solving & decision making skills. They also be proficient in the analysis, definition, communication, assessment, and validation of data and business requirements used for software development. Previous experience working with mutual funds, ETFs, and/or Institutional funds across a range of data domains such as performance, holdings, accounting, pricing, and analytics is required. Responsibilities:
- Perform daily data operations tasks and activities
- Analyze, assess, and solicit data and business requirements.
- Explore external and internal data sources covering all domains of investment product periodic and reference data
- Develop and maintain detailed requirements with considerations for scope, success factors/measures, assumptions, constraints, and dependencies.
- Document data sourcing, delivery, and extraction solutions
- Write, communicate, and explain epics & stories for agile sprints.
- Contribute to development and execution of data quality monitoring program supporting global investment web sites.
- Partner with program sponsors.
- Partner with 3rd Party Software Vendors and Data Vendors as needed.
- Collaborate with functional areas of project teams including Project Management, Product Management, Development, Data Integration, Business Systems Analysis, Quality Assurance, and User Experience.
- Participate in test-plan preparation, reviews & execution.
- Document supporting project deliverables including process and training guides.
- Perform other job duties as required.
- 5+ years working experience in the Investment Industry with 3+ years hands on data operations experience.
- Proven ability to effectively manage time and balance priorities across multiple assignments
- Proven analytical skills to interpret business and functional requirements
- Great attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Experience with data related technology projects.
- BS/BA or equivalent required.
- Experience working with globally distributed project teams required.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and working proficiency of Visio, Powerpoint, and Word
- Proven track record of successfully delivering and executing on data driven projects through all aspects of data operations, business requirements analysis, solicitation, definition, communication, assessment, and validation.
- Knowledge and experience with ETF and/or Mutual Funds product information and data required.
- Experience in following areas is a huge plus -
- Data development/operations in finance institutions
- Performance and Accounting System knowledge and experience
- FactSet knowledge
- Technical proficiency