COO Communications, AVP
Who we are looking for:
Leading executive and internal communications for the Chief Operating Officer, within the office of the chief administrator will be your primary responsibility, including the development of strategy, messages and plans for company wide communications programs in support of business goals and strategic initiatives
Working directly with the Chief Administrative Officer to the Chief Operating Officer to develop speeches and talking points for employee town halls, meetings and external events.
Collaborating with enterprise communications to ensure that all communications are aligned to enterprise standards and strategic messages. What you will be responsible for:
As Assistant Vice President you will
Leading the communications planning, approach and execution for employee town halls and leadership meetings.
Developing, writing and editing presentations, talking points, blogs, Q&A's, social media posts and memos will be an important component of your daily work. In addition, you will be charged with developing new and creative ways to deliver messages through video and various social media platforms.
Managing editorial oversight and distribution of all major internal company communications that are owned by the Chief Operating Officer.
Coordinating and crafting effective internal and client communications related to portfolio manager, senior leader and business function changes.
Analyzing metrics on overall effectiveness of communications programs and developing recommendations for improvements will be a job responsibility as well.
Diving employee engagement through communications and recognition programs that both exist and will need to be designed and developed. What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Consistent track record of successfully developing and implementing strategic, tactical and operational communications plans.
- Ability to influence and counsel senior and executive management.
- Superior written communication skills
- Well developed editorial know-how and technical knowledge allowing you to write and adapt content
- A proven flair for conceiving and developing engaging, rich media content
- An ability to build strong, positive relationships with key external and internal partners to develop complex projects such as key publications, blog posts, power point presentations, and executive communications.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects, changing priorities and key partners at the same time
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, which enable you to effectively interact with senior executives, business heads and channel managers globally, as well as external partners
- Strategic and creative thinker with attention to detail - Ability to work independently
- A real passion for delivering results and a proven track record of delivering projects in scope and on time
- Strong influencer and collaborator
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Economics, Finance, Communications, Marketing or equivalent required
- 5-7 years writing content development experience for an institutional audience
- Financial journalism background a plus - MBA/CFA or progress towards one or both a plus
- Excellent writer with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience leading communications in a highly matrixed, globally diverse organizational structure is a plus.
- Financial services experience is a plus.
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word,Publisher and Excel.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers