CRD Business & Technology Audit, VP
Job Title - CRD Business & Technology Audit, VP
Are you a talented professional looking for a challenging and fulfilling opportunity? Are you interested in joining a dynamic team providing audit assurance and advisor services to a firm on its digital and technology transformation journey? If so, then we may have the solution for you. State Street's Corporate Audit Department
At State Street, our people are our most valuable - and valued - resource. We know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company's continued success. As a global systemically important bank, with operations in 26 countries and more than 36,000 employees worldwide, we work hard to provide an environment where every employee feels engaged, valued, and well-equipped to reach their full potential.
State Street's Corporate Audit Department carefully recruits staff with a combination of backgrounds, including prior audit experience in internal and external audit practices, information technology or specialized areas such as regulatory compliance, securities trading and operations. As a member of State Street Corporation's Audit Division you will be part of a team where collaboration and openness is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results.
Our team of approximately 300 professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company's daily operations. Our audit team acts as:
Charles River Development (CRD) Audit Team
- Independent advisors-advising management on risks related to strategic initiatives and process and systemic changes
- Subject matter and controls experts-providing knowledge and experience in key risk areas
- Efficiency specialists-identifying inefficiencies in risk management and control design
- Problem-solving partners-looking ahead to help management envision future risks and opportunities
This role is part of the CRD Audit team within Corporate Audit providing assurance and advisory services. CRD is fully owned State Street Company that develops and hosts front and middle office investment management software products for institutional, wealth and alternative managers. Primary Responsibilities
The Audit VP is responsible for developing and overseeing integrated audit engagements that focus on coverage of CRD business process and technology related risks and controls. The main objective of our integrated audit approach is to assess the design and operating effectiveness of manual and automated internal controls. This includes understanding how applications/systems support business processes and providing audit coverage of application/system controls. Following are detailed responsibilities:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Assist in developing the audit universe, performing annual and quarterly risk assessments, and preparing the annual audit plan.
- Recommend adjustments to the overall audit plan based on continuous monitoring activities, audit plan progress, and changes in business area risk profiles
- Schedule, oversee and deliver audit assurance and advisory services, including resource management, planning assignments, and providing overall direction to the audit team.
- Draft, review, finalize and communicate audit deliverables, including discussion item matrices, memos and audit reports to senior and executive management.
- Develop and manage relationships with senior management through continuous monitoring activities, regular client relationship meetings, participation in working groups and committees of significant business and technology initiatives, and ad-hoc controls advisory activities.
- Manage, coach and develop staff, including participating in the talent management, staff evaluation, and new hire processes.
- Stay abreast of industry and technical matters and efficiently and effectively apply applicable new developments in audit projects.
- Follow-up on regulatory findings, and other divisional activities, as needed
- Participate in system and business process development projects with strategic corporate significance and provide input on operational and technological risk issues
- Provide input into internal risk assessments, audit plan development and monitoring of controls
- Strengthen internal control disciplines within the corporation by influencing relevant policies, promoting education/ understanding of control concepts
- Provide challenge of the department's organization, processes and services to ensure that they remain at or above peer/industry standards
- Typically 10+ years of experience, including 5+ years of previous experience in internal / IT audit, public accounting, and/or risk management; other relevant experience may be considered
- Knowledge of risks and controls related to software development/ hosting and investment management products highly preferred
- Awareness of emerging technologies used within investment management / financial services
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Management Information Systems or Computer Science.
- CIA, CISA, CPA or other applicable certification preferred.
- Self-starter, intellectually curious and proven ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to establish an environment conducive to continuous innovation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for coaching and investing in the development of your team
- Contribute to an environment that makes it easy to attract, hire and retain top talent
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, interpersonal, and organizational skills