CRD Technology Audit - AVP
Are you a talented professional looking for a challenging and fulfilling opportunity? Are you interested in joining a dynamic team providing audit assurance and advisor services to a firm on its digital and technology transformation journey? If so, then we may have the solution for you. State Street's Corporate Audit Department
At State Street, our people are our most valuable - and valued - resource. We know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company's continued success. As a global systemically important bank, with operations in 26 countries and more than 36,000 employees worldwide, we work hard to provide an environment where every employee feels engaged, valued, and well-equipped to reach their full potential.
State Street's Corporate Audit Department carefully recruits staff with a combination of backgrounds, including prior audit experience in internal and external audit practices, information technology or specialized areas such as regulatory compliance, securities trading and operations. As a member of State Street Corporation's Audit Division you will be part of a team where collaboration and openness is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results.
Our team of approximately 300 professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company's daily operations. Our audit team acts as:
- Independent advisors-advising management on risks related to strategic initiatives and process and systemic changes
- Subject matter and controls experts-providing knowledge and experience in key risk areas
- Efficiency specialists-identifying inefficiencies in risk management and control design
- Problem-solving partners-looking ahead to help management envision future risks and opportunities
Charles River Development (CRD) Audit Team
This role is part of the CRD Audit team within the Corporate Audit IT Audit department. CRD is a fully owned State Street Company that develops and hosts software products for institutional, wealth and alternative managers. Primary Responsibilities
The Technology Audit, AVP, is an experienced IT Audit professional who assists in developing and executing audit engagements that focus on coverage of CRD's technology risks and controls, particularly within the software development, Software as a Service (SaaS) and public Cloud environment. The main objective of our audit approach is to assess the design and operating effectiveness of manual and automated internal controls. This includes understanding how applications/systems support a software business and providing audit coverage of application and system level controls. Following are detailed responsibilities:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Assist in developing the audit universe, performing annual and quarterly risk assessments, and preparing the annual audit plan.
- Recommend adjustments to the overall audit plan based on continuous monitoring activities, audit plan progress, and changes in business area risk profiles
- Execute audit assurance and advisory services
- Draft, review, finalize and communicate audit deliverables, including issue matrices, memos and/or audit reports to senior and executive management.
- Develop and manage relationships with senior management through continuous monitoring activities, regular client relationship meetings, participation in working groups and committees of significant business and technology initiatives, and ad-hoc controls advisory activities.
- Stay abreast of industry and technical matters and efficiently and effectively apply applicable new developments in audit projects.
- Participate in system and business process development projects with strategic corporate significance and provide input on technological risk issues
- Provide input into internal risk assessments, audit plan development and monitoring of controls
- Typically 10+ years of experience, either as an IT Audit professional and / or software developer
- Expert knowledge of risks and controls related to software development / hosting is highly preferred
- Knowledge of auditing risks and controls within public Cloud a plus
- Bachelor Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance
- CIA, CISA, or other applicable certification preferred.
- Self-starter, intellectually curious and ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Contribute to an environment that makes it easy to attract, hire and retain top talent
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, interpersonal, and organizational skills