Client Support Senior Associate
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- The Client Support Senior Associate's primary responsibility is working with our institutional clients to ensure their trading needs are managed to the highest level of satisfaction and any issues or problems are addressed promptly and professionally.
- The Client Support Senior Associate will work internally with members of the Institutional Client Group and Portfolio Management team in addition to our clients.
- The Associates are expected to be proactive; solutions oriented and demonstrate sound judgment on issue escalation and resolution.
- They are expected to be an extension of the ICG team supporting the client's needs while adhering to process standards and procedures.
- Ensure highest quality of client satisfaction by responding to clients on general inquiries related to trade placement and settlement with SSGA
- Collaborate with internal operational and portfolio management areas to respond to client needs in a timely manner and take immediate action to address issues as they arise, escalating when appropriate
- Input trades and audit appropriately
- Maintain current client internal documentation such as Transaction Security Agreements, Authorized Signers Lists, Wire Instructions, etc.
- Proactively offer creative solutions and always find ways to improve or enhance the client experience
- Participate and sometimes lead projects as needed
- Adhere to process standards and documented procedures
- Participate in ongoing training and development of more junior staff
- Provide feedback to manager on more junior staff
- Operate as backup for manager when they are unavailable
- Build technical expertise and better understanding of marketplace nuances
- Assist manager in quality control checks
- Conform with the 'risk' escalation chain e.g. for operational issues and suspicious transactions
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or equivalent work experience
- 4 + years of experience in investment operations or investment accounting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Confident and professional phone presence
- Detail orientated and demonstrates desire to understand State Street Global Advisor's business beyond one's individual function.