Contract Negotiator VP
State Street Global Services (GS) provides complete investment servicing solutions to leading asset managers and asset owners in North America and around the Globe. GS is launching a new Conversion Program Office to increase the project management rigor and discipline of conversions and create consistently positive client and business outcomes for client onboarding experiences. A key component of this focused model is the introduction of a Contract Negotiations team.
GS is seeking a senior executive to be accountable for Contract Negotiations representing the business, partnering with the Strategic Transactions Conversion Group which will focus on the largest most complex strategic contract negotiations. This person will work closely with GS senior leadership team (SLT), Sector Sales, Client Executives and Global Delivery leadership. This role will Act as the principal representative in cross business line and/or cross jurisdiction transactions with large (often) global clients or prospective clients from the commencement of the sales process through contract completion. Lead the overall negotiations with such clients with the support of Legal and other subject matter experts. Collaborate with multiple decision makers to determine risk appetite for such transactions so that clients hear a unified voice of State Street. Use such risk appetite to develop negotiation strategy for each transaction. Drive the execution of such transactions including engaging and aligning PMO support and ensuring that an extended team of subject matter experts perform the tasks required of them. Collaborate with others to create consistent financial and other governance reporting. Work with Legal and others to develop and periodically refresh a repeatable deal model and deal best practices. Adapt that model as appropriate to create a client centric engagement.
The State Street Negotiations Leader will have responsibilities within the following key areas:
• Skilled at being the lead negotiator in complex transactions with large (often global) clients, ideally within the financial services industry. Adept at creating negotiating strategies that deliver "win" "win" results for State Street and its clients in an efficient manner, which create a positive client experience while appropriately protecting State Street.
• Ability to manage and drive execution of a transaction.
• Skilled at applying a global mindset.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills that include, among other things, building successful relationships both with clients and with other State Street employees, effective listening, successfully navigating personality differences and managing conflicts or potential conflicts artfully.
• Ability to collaborate across large organizations to reach a common agreement on issues. Adept at identifying barriers and crafting strategies for overcoming them.
• Strong issue spotting and problem solving skills.
• Able to think dynamically and act nimbly, particularly within an organization and industry in which the pace of change is high.
• Promoting diversity and inclusion including taking into account the value of engaging clients with a diverse team.
• Either possesses a deep understanding of State Street's products and services and/or is eager to learn them.
• Strong financial acumen.