Contracts Analyst II
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Contracts Analyst II is responsible for drafting, reviewing and assisting in the negotiation of commercial contracts that may be complex in nature and scope. In this role, you will ensure all demands within the scope of the job are performed in an efficient and timely manner. The Contracts Analyst will work with subject matter experts and business partners across MFS to coordinate the contract review process. Principal Responsibilities:
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts and licenses for MFS and its subsidiary companies. The contracts, including but not limited to statements of work, professional service agreements, consulting agreements, sponsorship agreements, speaker agreements, market data related agreements, confidentiality agreements, software licensing agreements, change orders, quotes, and maintenance agreements, may be complex and cross multiple functions or distribution channels within MFS.
- Communicate, discuss and negotiate contractual language with internal and external parties, and ensure all deadlines are met. Work with clients to bring contracts/agreements to completion in a timely manner.
- Review and maintain records on open source license terms and third party disclosure requirements.
- Actively seek ways to make improvements in the contract process and template language.
- Develop or assist in the development of guides, procedures and template agreements for MFS with regard to contracts, language or other matters of similar importance.
- Interact with other areas of MFS and its subsidiary companies to develop procedures to enhance the quality of and flow of work.
- Assume additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree. Must have at least 3 years of contracts' experience.
- Solid interpersonal, organizational, communication, customer-service, team-working and problem-solving skills.
- Must be thorough, detail-oriented, persistent, self-motivated, and able to function with a high degree of independence and accuracy.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects while meeting competing deadlines. An aptitude and interest for analytical work is necessary.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and able to develop proficiency in MFS systems as required to perform the duties of this position, including SharePoint and a new contract management system.
- Prior exposure to a financial industry environment is a plus.
Click here If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."