Credit Risk Analyst, Officer
Corporate Credit Analyst, Officer - Leveraged Loan Portfolio
Within the Corporate Credit Risk team, complete critical risk analysis and credit assessments of underwriting submissions to ensure fit with Bank's risk appetite supporting senior credit approvers, primarily focused on Leveraged Loan borrowers. Utilizes delegated credit authority to make reasonable, well-informed credit decisions, working closely with senior credit approvers. Secondary responsibilities include contributing to credit approvals of Corporate and Investment Advisor Investment Grade portfolios as well as surveillance oversight of all corporate portfolios. Additionally, the role will offer cross training into other credit portfolios such as Commercial Real Estate and Corporate FX. Participates in strategic projects contributing to business transformation of Credit & Global Markets Division. Responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with senior credit approvers and the business unit conducting credit risk assessments of large scale, multi-faceted corporate borrowers typically in complex financial transactions in order to support loan growth initiatives with prudent risk taking. Tasks include analysis of historical and forecast financials, competitive position, industry dynamics, organizational structure, transaction legal structure, repayment risks, and other critical factors summarized in clear, concise identification of strengths, weaknesses, and key risks. Ensures proposed risk ratings are well supported.
- Contributes to proactive oversight of a portfolio of corporate credits, collaborating with senior approvers, staying abreast of periodic financial reporting and events with proactive risk rating recommendations that reflect changes in risk profile. Active surveillance of industry coverage related to assigned borrowers, as well as the general macro environment.
- Identification, escalation, and resolution of exceptions to credit policies and guidelines.
- Works closely with senior credit officers, business units, and global offices (as necessary) to complete credit due diligence and portfolio oversight.
- Expected to periodically participate in a variety of departmental project assignments.
- Periodically assist in compiling and evaluating credit data for risk appetite and management reporting.
- 1-3 years financial services background (1+ overall relevant experience) with a strong preference for experience within a Leveraged Loan team; may include work at commercial lending/bank credit training, investment management or CLO.
- Prior analytical experience of corporate counterparties strongly preferred.
- Superior attention to detail and analytical skills for preparing and/or reviewing credit approval requests, financial statements, cash flow forecast models, modeling sensitivities, and other corporate finance and credit related materials
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment and collaborate on time sensitive credit approval requests. Must be able to handle multiple assignments and effectively prioritize.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Excel and PowerPoint proficient, Capital IQ and Bloomberg experience preferred
- Knowledge of pertinent terms and conditions and current market standards for credit agreements, ISDAs, CSAs preferred
- Bachelor's degree, Finance, Business, Economics or related field preferred