Data Analytics Lead
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Data Analytics Lead Job Location US-MA-Boston Job ID 2019-3324 Posted Date 5/30/2019 Category Information Technology Type Regular Full-Time Location : Location US-MA-Boston
Bain & Company is the management consulting firm that the world’s business leaders come to when they want results. Bain advises clients on strategy, operations, information technology, organization, private equity, digital transformation and strategy, and mergers and acquisition, developing practical insights that clients act on and transferring skills that make change stick. The firm aligns its incentives with clients by linking its fees to their results. Bain clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. Founded in 1973, Bain has 57 offices in 36 countries, and its deep expertise and client roster cross every industry and economic sector.
This senior position in the Software team has technical responsibility for the design, implementation, and maintenance of Data Analytics Platform, orchestrating and driving the relevant data and analytics services to be used by internal groups. Working with the Software leadership team, the Data Analytics Team Lead will define and communicate the Software group’s data analytics offerings and roadmap, based on existing, anticipated, and potential long-term technologies. This position will oversee a BI analyst and will coordinate regularly with Database Team members, in order to deliver analytics solutions to internal customers. The Team Lead is responsible for working with business groups to identify analytics needs, developing technical capabilities map, and driving platform direction. They will lead enterprise information requirements gathering and coordination of stewardship across the business to ensure an enterprise view and consistency. They will be responsible for information architecture design across multiple data types and across operational, analytical, reporting platforms, balancing analytics against security and performance requirements. The team lead is expected to create and maintain a repository of artifacts required for the Data Analytics Platform, including materials related to GDPR. They will lead research and evaluation of new and emerging technologies and market trends, and make recommendations around technology and process recommendations to individual project teams and for Bain’s overall data analytics approach.
Responsible for IT’s Analytics offerings
- Technical responsibility for the design, implementation, and maintenance of Data Analytics Platform, orchestrating and driving the relevant data and analytics services to be used by internal groups
- Design, develop, and support new and existing data warehouse structures, SSIS packages and ETL processes, and data integrations and pipelines, working with the Database and Analytics team
- Identify, research and assess potential external and SaaS data sources and outline approach for data acquisition
- Prepare data and build data models at conceptual, logical, and physical levels to provide employees access to critical information in the right place, at the right time with the appropriate security.
- Employ DevOps in building Analytics solutions, adopting best practices in continuous integration, continuous deployment, and continuous monitoring
- Implement measures to ensure scalability, performance, and reliability as foundational elements of managing the data analytics platform
- Establish awareness of and enforce data security policy and best practices in Data Analytics implementation, working with Security Operations, Infrastructure Operations, and project teams
Planning and documentation
- Work with product owners and business users to understand and translate user stories and/or requirements into data models, analytics reports, and scenario models
- Working with the Architecture Manager and Software leadership team, define and communicate the Software group’s data analytics offerings and technical roadmap based on existing, anticipated, and potential long-term technologies
- Working with business groups, identify future analytics needs, develop product road map, and drive analytics platform direction
- Focus on enterprise information requirements: design, access, usage and facilitation of stewardship across the business to ensure an enterprise view and consistency
- Design information architecture across multiple data types and across operational, analytical, reporting platforms, balancing analytics against security and performance requirements
- Specify and design new enterprise level solutions, involving significant team size and interaction, integration with multiple systems, and/or multiple business processes or geographic regions
- Create and maintain a repository of artifacts required for the Data Analytics Platform, including diagrams, procedures, data inventory, and a comprehensive yet flexible vision of data flow
- Compose and deliver performance review of TSG BI Analyst
- Conduct regular check-ins with TSG BI Analyst
- Ensure high quality of work produced by TSG BI Analyst and Analytics team
- Coordinate and plan project work on the Analytics road map
- Develop the analytics service, establishing processes and protocols to provide analytics to requesting organizations, and coordinating all aspects of the analytics environment
- Ensure timely delivery of Analytics team solutions
- Lead the research and evaluation of new and emerging technologies and market trends, including best practices and tools
- Make practical technology, and process recommendations to advance individual product data analytics features and Bain’s data analytics approach overall
- Recommend tools and platforms for data acquisition, extraction, transformation, management, and storage
- Coordinate with Architecture Manager, Database team, Infrastructure team, and Systems Architect on selection of technologies and overall approach to data management for the software organization.
Knowledge sharing and best practices
- Provide conceptual and technical guidance to increase awareness and understanding of data analytics concepts
- Document and share best practices and standards for data analytics solutions
- Identify and communicate functionality and process BDPs that should be shared across project and customer teams regarding data analytics tools
- Provide training, documentation and other assistance to software and business teams to expand the use of data and visualization tools and support data architecture initiatives
- Define and drive compliance with ETL standards, policies, procedures, and metadata to ensure accuracy, quality, integrity, and optimization of this information
- Coordinate with and leverage the Advanced Analytics group to extend and innovate the software team’s analytics capabilities
Other duties as required
- 6-8 years of experience in software development including work on all aspects of the development life cycle
- 3+ years of Business Intelligence, Data Architecture and Data Analytics experience.
- This must include at least 3 years of strong contributions to technology discussion and decisions on project work
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with database performance tuning and troubleshooting is highly desired
- Experience managing project scope, change requests, delivery against defined milestones; mitigate and remediate risk factors
- Demonstrated experience in authoring technical white papers as well as project outlining and/or planning is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to move between high level architectural review/design & oversee all phases of solution delivery projects
- Understanding of data modeling, data warehousing, big data, data quality management and data governance principles.
- Demonstrated ability to define and drive analytic platforms and solutions.
- Familiar with Agile principles and practices
- Knowledge of Dev-ops particularly as it is applied to on-premises architecture development, testing, monitoring (CI/CD/CM)
- Has strong technical background and remains evergreen with technology and industry developments
- High performance and standards as demonstrated by academic or previous job experience
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS