Derivatives Operations Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION OVERVIEW
As part of the Derivatives Operations group, the Derivatives Operations Analyst (Analyst) will be primarily responsible for supporting post-execution lifecycle processes for Futures, Options, and Cleared OTC products. This will encompass the reconciliation and instruction of daily margin requirements, processing of accounting postings, post-value control reconciliations, as well as managing queries and troubleshooting issues from both internal and external parties. As part of the larger Derivatives Operations group, the analyst may also support OTC Derivatives operations, if needed. The Analyst will continually look for opportunities to create efficiencies within the aforementioned tasks through workflow and technology enhancements and to improve the overall control framework of the process wherever possible. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily review of margin calls from brokers and investigate discrepancies.
- Daily post-value cash reconciliations of collateral and margin movements.
- Daily control reconciliations including holdings, collateral, and currency balances between our internal accounting, clearing brokers, custodians, and clearing houses.
- Serve as an escalation point for incoming queries and issues raised by portfolio managers, trading, clients, custodians, and clearing brokers.
- Manage new account onboardings and account closures in a timely manner.
- Identify and drive projects to improve front to back process efficiency.
- Identify areas of improvement to increase the effectiveness of process controls.
- Participate in industry working groups to identify new clearing opportunities and potential challenges of regulatory changes.
The ideal candidate is highly knowledgeable of cleared derivatives products and processes. The Analyst would have a derivatives middle office background, be intimately familiar with the Futures and OTC lifecycle processes and have a working understanding of the operational impact of pending regulatory change.
This position requires independent judgment and decision making. The individual must be well organized, motivated, and possess strong problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will have demonstrated analytical and writing skills, effective communication skills, and a high level of attention to detail. While the Derivatives Operations Analyst will work in a team-oriented environment, most projects will be self-directed, often under deadline pressures. KEYS TO THE POSITION
- Strong derivatives margin, collateral, and lifecycle knowledge
- Understanding of clearing futures, options, and swaps preferred
- Back and middle office operations experience, including reconciliations, trade communication, and settlements, ideal
- Technical expertise, such as excel and SQL, a plus
The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of derivatives experience. An MBA, CFA / CAIA, or progress towards either is a plus. SKILLS JOB TITLE
Derivatives Operations Analyst LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .