Dining Room Reservations and Dining Room Attendant
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Dining Room Reservations and Dining Room Attendant
Reservationist / Dining Room Attendant
The Reservationist / Dining Room Attendant will ensure the successful scheduling of all reservations and scheduling the staff to accommodate those reservations. They will also communicate the requirements of the reservations to the entire staff, keeping an open line of communication with all executive administrative assistants. This will take place for Fidelity functions in the Executive Dining Rooms, as well as the Trustee space at 245 Summer Street and Merrimack New Hampshire, for Fidelity executives and their guests.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- College Degree Preferred
- 5 years or more of Dining Room experience
- Certified in sanitation and food safety
- Certified in CPR
- High school degree is required
The Purpose of Your Role
Oversee all aspects of the Dining Room operation at the 27 State Street and 245 Summer Street locations. This is to ensure all needs of our clients are met for each specific reservation. The Attendant also assists the Executive Chef with administrative duties, prepares and implements the appropriate service setting as required for the scheduled event; and provides professional, attentive and unobtrusive service in a high-level business atmosphere.
The Skills You Bring
- You will complete a wide range of tasks, and have specialized knowledge in multiple areas such as knowing the food allergies of guests, keeping dining room usage on time to ensure readiness for upcoming bookings, coordination with other Fidelity Groups to facilitate safety and security of our employees and guests.
- Your computer skills, ability to learn new windows applications with ease
- You will be highly organized
- Your outstanding customer relations skills
- Your ability to manage stress effectively in high pressure situations so that guests would never sense it
- Your ability to balance multiple priorities while ensuring excellent service levels
- Your ability to meet deadlines and achieve high-end results
- You are detail oriented and highly creative
- Your extensive knowledge of the job and company policies and principles
- You must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
The Value You Deliver
- Setting up dining rooms (move furniture as needed) for high level meetings and dining services, according to the daily schedule. Responding to last minute changes as necessary.
- Daily preparation of fresh juices, coffee and crudités.
- Organizing and monitoring all linen for the weekly laundry service this includes, table linens, kitchen towels and uniforms.
- Inventory and restock daily used items such as soda, coffee, coffee cups, dairy products etc.
- Providing the highest level of attentive and unobtrusive service to the executives and their guests.
- Maintaining organized, clean and sanitary kitchens, dining rooms and work areas. This will include polishing silverware on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining a positive attitude and remain flexible within the work environment. Must be available for varied shifts i.e.; (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and at different locations (27 State, 245 Summer Street and Merrimack New Hampshire as needed.
- Having a complete understanding of corporate policies. This includes the fidelity service manual and procedures for interacting with corporate real estate and security.
- Assisting in the receiving of deliveries as well as proper handling and storage of received products
- Scheduling shift coverage for a staff of four permanent and contract wait staff and one dishwasher. Schedules must reflect an equal number of regular hours for each employee each week, according to our team goals, and being cognizant of company policy. This will involve rotating coverage for two locations to accommodate breakfast, lunch and dinner shifts. In the interest of fairness, a tracking of difficult shifts is needed in order to ensure that all staff members are equally fulfilling their obligation and feel that they are working as a team to maintain morale. Schedule and hold weekly dining staff meetings as well as monthly full staff meetings in which any new policies or procedures can be discussed, as well as the weekly and monthly agendas. Keep certifications up to date. Schedule recertification classes as necessary for the entire staff. These include CPR/ AED training as well as food safety and sanitation training.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with building operations staff on any projects that are required for the maintenance and operation of kitchens and dining rooms at 27 State and 245 Summer Streets furniture, kitchen equipment, AV equipment, etc. Update building operations managers as well as corporate security with all changes. Communicate any special requests for access or any problems with our work areas to both as well.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.