Director, Retirement Strategist
- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- MFS Investment Management
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
The Retirement Strategist in the Investment Solutions Group will lead the research, deliver in depth analysis and policy recommendations for clients as well as develop and deliver thought leadership related to defined contribution (DC) issues globally. The Director will analyze client trends and write/publish MFS's thoughts via client ready presentations, white papers, web, conference presentations and responses to client inquiries. The role will involve close collaboration with the leadership of MFS's dedicated defined contribution sales teams to establish the strategy, thought leadership and positioning of the firms DC proposition.
Using discretion and judgment, the Strategist will work side by side with our institutional, sub-advisory and retail relationship management and sales teams around the world to understand client challenges and issues and also directly with defined contribution clients in a consulting capacity.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive ongoing research agenda program related to defined contribution issues of most interest to clients. This includes the analysis of various industry trends, staying abreast of client preferences and asset owner investment behavior in DC globally.
- Lead the development of MFS's thought leadership on DC issues. While the focus and majority of client interaction is expected to be within North America, the Direction will take an active leadership role in shaping our global defined contribution positioning and thought leadership globally.
- Develop and maintain deep DC expertise by participating and presenting at client meetings, conferences, networking, researching and developing thought leadership both within North America and globally.
- Represent MFS in industry bodies such US DCIAA, UK's DCIF and participate in working groups and sub committees to raise the firm's profile and maintain/enhance its credibility.
- Will be expected to travel with distribution colleagues to present MFS's thought leadership to clients, consultants and prospects.
- Work closely with relationship managers, sales and colleagues in Investment Solutions in leading DC consulting engagements as necessary.
- Develop internal training tools, videos, white papers and client discussion guides to enhance MFS's distribution expertise and dialog with clients on retirement issues.
- Assist other teams and regions within MFS and perform additional duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required; CFA, MBA or other Masters degree is strongly preferred.
- Required minimum of ten years of DC investment consulting, senior plan sponsor or asset management experience working with DC clients.
- A prior DC leadership role is preferred. Established credibility and visibility in the US DC market is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of DC issues in the US is required. Familiarity with Canadian, UK, Australian DC issues is desirable.
- Ability and willingness to be both hands on in building PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets as well as public speaking is required.
- Experience with investment strategy, all asset classes and asset allocation/ investment menu design is preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and manage multiple tasks simultaneously within tight deadlines.